Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: When does the program start?
- A: A new ILOD cohort starts each fall semester (August).
The 2019 Instructional Design (ID) cohort begins in January 2019.
ID is an online graduate certificate program.
- Q: How long does it take to complete the program?
- A: Leadership and Learning is an 18-month program.
The Instructional Design certificate is an 8-month program (requires continuous
- Q: How much does the program cost?
- A: Based on current rates, our tuition ($/credit hour), is competitive with other
leadership programs in the area. In many cases, you can complete our 34 –credit hour
degree for less than you would pay elsewhere and receive the benefits of small-class
sizes, unique program design, private education, and the cohort experience. Check
us out and compare!
- Q: When do classes meet?
- A: There are two tracks in the Leadership and Learning program. The Educational Leadership
(EL) track meets on Saturday mornings and Monday evenings. The Instructional Leadership
and Organization Development (ILOD) track meets on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
- The Instructional Design graduate certificate is offered 100% online.
- Q: How many credits are in the program?
- A: There are 34 credits in the Leadership and Learning degree.
There are 12 credits in the Instructional Design (ID) graduate certificate
- Q: What are the admission requirements for the program?
- A: Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution, Official GRE score
(applicants with a 3.0 or higher undergraduate GPA and three (3) years of professional
work experience are exempt from taking the GRE), two letters of recommendation. EL
applicants—at least one of the two letters must come from school principal or subject
- Q: How is the program structured?
- A: Leadership and Learning is an 18-month, 34 credit hour program that starts each
fall. Classes meet in a combination of hybrid and traditional face-to-face formats.
- The Instructional Design (ID) certificate is an online program.
- Q: I have previous graduate credit. Can I transfer credit into the Leadership and
Learning Master’s degree?
- A: No. transfer credits are not allowed in the Leadership and Learning program.
Request Info Apply Now