Online Master of Business Administration
Tailored for experienced working professionals. Earn your Master of Business Administration (MBA) completely online.
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) is the degree of choice for a multitude of prospective students across the nation. It has almost become essential for advancement into more senior leadership positions in many industries. For those without an undergraduate business degree, the MBA is a proven path to new or expanded career opportunities.
MBA Programs are not readily comparable. It is critical that you “Dare to Compare,” as we say. Here are some important factors to consider:
Accreditation - Investing in an MBA program that is not AACSB Accredited is risky. Take a look at the accreditation overview to learn why. Only the top business schools in the world have earned such a distinction.
Cost - Certainly, the costs of graduate school play a huge factor, but “value-added” education is more critical. There are many more expensive programs, but some are not AACSB Accredited, so you need to weigh cost against the variety and number of courses offered, networking and support services provided, and one-on-one time with faculty. It is what you learn, not spend, that counts most. The difference shows up over a lifetime of career advancement and income growth.
Program Flexibility - Earn an MBA in as little as 12 months. Our MBA program is fully online and is designed to be taken in 8-week long course modules that allow you to conveniently move at your own pace for your own needs.
Knowledge Content - We continuously keep the program content updated and assess how well it meets critical learning goals that companies value. Our faculty do not just use books – they create the information that goes in them.
Leadership Focus - Business expertise is great, but it will be the leadership competencies that you develop in a program that differentiates you and prepares you to move up in an organization. We have a strong professional development emphasis that prepares students for graduation.
Admission into the MBA program is conducted on a rolling basis. Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered for admission:
- Completed MBA Application
- Baccalaureate degree in any discipline from a regionally accredited institution with
a cumulative undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applications not meeting this minimum GPA requirement may be reviewed on a case-by-case basis for conditional admission.
- The GRE/GMAT are required*
- Students must submit an official copy of scores reflecting a total score of 1050 or more on the combined verbal and quantitative sections of the GRE previous to August 1, 2011 or 290 combined score on the revised GRE exam taken after August 1, 2011.
- *The GRE/GMAT requirement will be waived if a student has a 3.3 or higher undergraduate GPA with a business degree from an AACSB accredited business school.
- Official transcripts from the Baccalaureate degree granting college or university; unofficial transcripts from all other colleges and/or universities attended.
- Professional Resume.
- Personal statement, 1-2 pages in length.
- Three letters of recommendation; two of which should be professional references. References should be from a supervisor familiar with the student’s professional abilities and, if possible, an educator who taught the student.
- Students whose first language is not English, must also take the TOEFL Examination and score either 540 on the paper-based exam, 76 on internet-based exam, or 6.0 IELTS.
To obtain a Master of Business Administration, each student must complete 36 credit hours of graduate level coursework.
These courses are required for students who do not have a bachelor's degree in business.
- ACCT 500: Essentials of Accounting (2)
- DSIM 500: Essentials of Quantitative Methods (2)
- ECON 500: Essentials of Economics (2)
- FIN 500: Essentials of Finance (2)
- ACCT 522: Accounting for Managerial Control (3)
- DSIM 518: Competing Through Innovation & Information Technology (3)
- DSIM 535: Quantitative Methods for Decision-Making (3)
- DSIM 577: Managing Production and Service Operations (3)
- ECON 520: Economics of High Performance (3)
- FIN 534: Optimizing Financial Performance (3)
- INB 555: Competing in the Global Economy (3)
- MGT 545: Global Corporate Strategy and Policy (3)
- MGT 548: Leading Organizations (2)
- MKG 540: Strategic Marketing in a Digital Economy (3)
Additional Required General Courses
- MGT 566: The Legal and Ethical Environment of Business (3)
Choose one (1) 3-credit course from any of the following:
- MGT 610: Strategic Human Resource Management (3)
- MGT 620: Responsible Leadership (3)
- MGT 630: Teamwork and Organizational Change (3)
Tuition & Costs
For more information regarding tuition, please visit Student Financial Services. Please note that tuition may increase each academic year.
This program is administered by the Nathan M. Bisk Center for Professional Studies.
To learn more, contact: