1. IS ORIENTATION REQUIRED?
Yes, orientation is required for all new incoming students under the age of 22. For students entering in the Fall 2019, you can choose to attend one of our 4 overnight Summer Orientation sessions.
During the Summer Orientation session, we will also host a Family & Guest Orientation. Family Orientation is not required for family members, but is highly encouraged.
2. HOW MUCH DOES ORIENTATION REGISTRATION COST?
The cost per student is covered in the University deposit. Additional guests/family members will be $50 per attendee. Any children under the age of four are free. Students will stay in Williams Residence Hall during Summer Orientation, while guests and family members will need to reserve a hotel room in the area.
3. WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT AT ORIENTATION?
Family & Guest – Coming soon!
Student Schedule- Coming Soon!
For more details and information, please contact New Student Orientation at (904)256-7700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. SHOULD A FAMILY MEMBER OR GUEST COME TO ORIENTATION? WHAT IF MY SIBLING(S) WOULD LIKE TO ATTEND?
While it is not required, we highly encourage a family member to attend. Family & Guests will have their own Orientation track where they will receive a variety of great information regarding academics, housing, finances, campus culture, and other services at Jacksonville University. It is a great opportunity to learn what your student can expect from their college experience, as well as provide a time to get all of your questions answered and take care of administrative needs.
Siblings must follow the parents through the Family & Guest track. They will be unable to accompany their sister or brother through the Student Orientation track.
5. DO I HAVE TO STAY ON CAMPUS?
Yes! We promise you will have fun! Even if you are a Jacksonville native and plan to live at home with your parents, you should stay on campus during the summer orientation session. This is a great opportunity for you to get to know important services on campus and to connect with our amazing student leaders and faculty members.
6. WHERE SHOULD MY FAMILY STAY?
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville I-295/East Beltway
Address: 9815 Lantern Street Jacksonville, FL 32225
Phone: (904) 247-6782
11 minutes (4.4 miles) from JU campus!
Free High Speed Internet
For additional lodging information, please visit: Food and Lodging
7. WILL SOMEONE PICK ME UP FROM THE AIRPORT?
Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide transportation to and from the airport. You will be able to grab a taxi outside the baggage claim area. Please ask the taxi driver to take you directly to Jacksonville University.
8. CAN I ARRIVE A DAY EARLY OR LEAVE A DAY LATER?
Unfortunately, we will not be able to accommodate these requests.
9. WHAT SHOULD I PACK FOR SUMMER ORIENTATION?
1. Bed Linens- Twin XL fitted sheet, flat sheet, pillow, and blanket (REQUIRED)
2. Toiletries- Shampoo/conditioner, soap, toothpaste, etc. (REQUIRED)
3. Any documents needed for your student's administrative needs
4. Light, casual summer clothing for three days (activities may include anything from sporting events to museum visits, but casual clothing is appropriate for all events)
6. Bathing suit
7. Sun screen and a hat
8. Some personal spending money for snacks, souvenirs, etc.
10. DO TRANSFER STUDENTS ATTEND ONE OF THE SUMMER ORIENTATION SESSIONS?
Yes, orientation is required for students entering in the Fall who are under the age of 22.
If you have any questions, please contact New Student Orientation at (904) 256-7700 or email@example.com.
11. WHEN SHOULD I COME FOR THE START OF SCHOOL?
Check in for 2019 Dates soon!
12. WHAT IS WEEK OF WELCOME?
Week of Welcome will be your first official week on campus as a Jacksonville University student. During the weekend we will offer move-in assistance to your assigned residence hall along with many fun and educational activities to help you meet people and get familiar with the campus before the start of the semester.
Visit our Week of Welcome page for more information!