Jacksonville University’s annual giving challenge, Dolphin Dash, returns on February
5. During the five-day challenge, alumni, students, family, faculty, staff, and friends
across the globe will compete to earn points for their favorite Dolphin Dash competitor.
Participating in Dolphin Dash means being a part of a collective movement to make waves for the next generation of Jacksonville University students. Every gift, no matter the size, can help make a big difference.
With the launch of the FUTURE. MADE. campaign in Fall 2023, nearly $200,000 in prize awards are up for grabs. That includes three $10,000 scholarships for student dashers recognized by the Board of Trustees.
This year’s Dash features even more ways to make a difference by earning IMPACT, ENGAGE, and INSPIRE points for your favorite athletic team, college, Greek org, club, or affinity network. Make an IMPACT through giving, ENGAGE through volunteering and participation on campus, and INSPIRE others to join the dash for JU. Points will be tallied at the end of the week to determine first and second place winners in the three aforementioned areas. Points power big prizes!
Getting involved in Dolphin Dash and earning points for your team is easy. Just follow these simple steps:
1. Sign up to be a Dolphin Dash Champion online.
2. Starting February 5th, make a gift online to support your favorite area of campus in one of six challenges. You can select more than one.
3. Spread the word on social media. Encourage your friends, family, and colleagues to support Jacksonville University by making a gift.
4. Show your JU pride by wearing your Dolphin Dash t-shirt on campus – and be sure to play a giving game at one of the Dash stations on campus.
Watch this special ‘How to Dash’ video to help you get ready to Dash!
Dolphin Dash will end at 1 p.m. on February 9th. The final hours of the Dash will be celebrated in the Dolphin Dome, where the teams will compete to earn final points and gifts to power them to victory! This FREE event will be an exhibition-style celebration and include President Tim Cost making a special announcement, the Board of Trustees surprising the three scholarship winners, have food trucks, music, giveaways, and more!
For more information about Dolphin Dash, click here.