This event, on December 1st, 2016, brought many of Northeast Florida's elected officials to campus to focus on solutions in healthcare, education, and transportation on the First Coast.
Education Policy Conference
Education Policy: Shaping Florida's Future November 12, 2014
This event, one of the premier education conferences in the state, drew students, faculty, policymakers, and community members together to discuss school choice, state accountability and assessment standards, Common Core, Next Generation Sunshine State Standards, low-performing Duval schools, FCAT 2.0, and more. Speakers included Gary Chartrand, Chair, Board of Education, Florida Department of Education; Pam Stewart, Commissioner on Education, Florida Department of Education; and Nikolai Vitti, Superintendent, Duval County Public Schools.
- See photos of the event on Facebook.
- Read more about the conference at Wave Magazine Online.
- Read more about the conference at MetroJacksonville.com.
Healthcare Policy Conference
Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act in Florida: The Exchanges and Proposed Medicaid Expansion November 13, 2013
The inaugural Public Policy Program was a Healthcare Policy Conference held in the Jacksonville University Terry Concert Hall. An estimated 400 policy makers, civic leaders, healthcare professionals, and members of the university and local community attended this day-long conference. Media information and materials from the event are below.
- Read more about the Healthcare Policy Conference on Wave Magazine Online.
- Presenter Bios (PDF)
- Presentation Videos
- Presentation Slides
- Additional Materials
- Speaker Weatherford Commentary for Tampa Tribune (May 9, 2013) (PDF)
- Speaker Weatherford - FHCP - House Majority Office (April 2013) (PDF)
- Speaker Weatherford - Galen Institute Article (May 2013) (PDF)
- Speaker Weatherford - Wood Editorial Opinion (July 2013) (PDF)
- Senate President Gaetz Letter to Secretary Sebelius (June 28, 2013) (PDF)
- Senate President Gaetz Letter to Congressional Delegation (PDF)