Florida Georgia Line, JUSA, and Campus Beautification
Office of the President
March 8, 2013
To our students, faculty and staff,
As we continue to work together to keep Jacksonville University on its upward path, I want to touch base with you on several topics.
Florida Georgia Line Concert
I would like to thank the JU community for your extraordinary support of the Florida Georgia Line performance, the largest on-campus concert in this University’s history. Last night, nearly 3,000 people heartily gathered on our campus for a celebration of music and friendship. The interaction among the students, alumni, faculty, staff, Board members and the broader community was unprecedented and heartwarming.
I’d like to particularly recognize and thank Josh Earley, Kaiti Chambers and Codee Fuquay for their hard work and preparation. We should also pay tribute to Derek Hall, Gordon Bass and Mike Bobbin for all they did to make this momentous JU community event possible.
Based on last night’s success, plan to see more of these type of events in the future!
I hope you will join me in congratulating the students listed below for their recent selection as your Jacksonville University Student Alliance (JUSA) representatives. I know many of these students personally; they are going to be great ambassadors and leaders of this campus in the coming year.
- President: William Baxley
- Vice President: Keith Taylor Jr.
- North Campus: Marcus Noah, Luis Grossling
- South Campus: Yasmeen Stogden, Brittany Bush, Taylor Salameh
- Commuter: Christina Robb, Mackenzie Sanchez
- College of Business: Joseph Ramsey, Zachary Azzarito
- College of Fine Arts: Max Orozco
- College of Arts and Sciences: Christie Charlebois, Youssef Ajjawi, Kelsey Wiggins, Chris Beachler
- College of Health Sciences: Nathan Cook
- Student Athlete: Kristina Robbins, Zoe Rocke
- ROTC: Alyssa May Cardona
- International Student: Jia-Siang Leong
- Panhellenic: Bridget Korczyk
- Interfraternity At-Large: Kelsey Martin, Courtney Jimenez, Brett Durda, Megan Tully
You may notice a substantially increased level of activity on our campus as it relates to the grounds, plantings, walkways and landscaping. In increased cooperation with our partners, we are committed to making our campus more beautiful for all of us to enjoy.
I look forward to seeing you all again very soon.
Class of 1981