RN to BSN Cohort Program
Cohort Program Overview
The RN-BSN Cohort program is designed to afford busy working registered nurses the ability to obtain their Bachelor's degree at a reduced tuition rate, in a setting that is familiar and convenient. Located at a satellite institution, classes are held in the evenings one night a week. Students take one course every 8-weeks, which offers the opportunity to complete a Bachelor's degree in 20 months.
The Jacksonville University, Nathan M. Bisk Center for Professional Studies, Keigwin School of Nursing has a long standing tradition of teaching RN-BSN and MSN courses off-campus on a rotating basis at hospitals around the city. The first cohort was established in 1991, and since that time, Jacksonville University, Keigwin School of Nursing has had a presence at:
RN-BSN students are rarely required to come to campus; however, they have full access to Jacksonville University resources. Additionally, the majority of faculty who teach in the RN-BSN cohort programs also teach in our traditional classrooms and clinical settings. Many are doctorally prepared, and all have years of clinical practice experience. A complete list of faculty biographical sketches can be found here.
RN to BSN at Orange Park Medical Center
- Program begins March 7, 2018, at Orange Park Medical Center
- Classes will be held every Wednesday night from 3:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Deadline to apply: January 26, 2018
Interested in applying or want more information regarding upcoming cohort events? Please complete our Nursing Cohort Inquiry Form to be added to our email list, or contact us at email@example.com.
Admission into the Cohort program is conducted on a rolling basis - Spring II 2018 admission will begin November 2017. Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered for admission:
- Completed RN to BSN Cohort Application
- $30 Application Fee
- Official Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- A minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA is required
- Copy of active Florida license to practice as a Registered Nurse
- Students whose first language is not English, must also take the TOEFL Examination and score either 540 on the paper-based exam, or 76 on Internet-based exam
If you decide to apply, please have official transcripts sent to the Office of Admissions at Jacksonville University. JU requires applicants to send all transcripts even if the course resulted in a drop, withdrawal, failure, or if the course was transferred to another school, we will still need the original transcript to be sent to us. Without each and every transcript, a delay in the admissions process may occur. For information on how to send JU your transcripts, please visit the Registrar's transcript instructions site. Please order transcripts as soon as possible as it may take a while for it to be mailed and delivered to our Admission's Office.
To obtain a Bachelor's degree, each student must meet the 120 credit hour requirement. The credits include: BSN nursing courses, BSN core courses, and general education courses. Students matriculate 10-11 BSN level nursing courses throughout the duration of the program.
- NUR 352SI: Professional Nursing (3)
- NUR 353: Information Management in Healthcare (3)
- NUR 354WI: Evidence-Based Nursing (3)
- NUR 357: A Conceptual Approach to Assessment and Pathophysiology for the Practicing Nurse Part I (3)
- *NUR 424: Elective (2 or 3)
- NUR 449: A Conceptual Approach to Assessment and Pathophysiology for the Practicing Nurse Part II (3)
- NUR 452WI: Nursing Leadership and Health Care Policy (3)
- NUR 453: Community Focused Professional Nursing (4)
- NUR 455: Advanced Acute Care Concepts (3)
- **NUR 456: Application of Professional Nursing Concepts (4)
*Elective is optional and is reserved for those who need additional credit hours
**All courses must be completed prior to NUR 456
We also award 30 credit hours for possessing an active registered nursing license. Therefore, we will need to verify that students can transfer in about 60 credit hours comprising of the BSN core courses and general education course. If you would like to schedule a meeting with our Coordinator to discuss transfer credits please email us. For additional detailed information, please see review this sample progression plan.
|Total Nursing Credit Hours||30|
|Total Core Credit Hours||60|
|Credit Hours for RN License||30|
|Total Credit Hours for BSN Degree||120|
Tuition for the 2017-2018 RN to BSN cohort is $250 per credit hour. There are two eight-week sessions per semester and each eight-weeks students take 3 or 4 credit hours depending on the course. We can work with employers, like Baptist Medical Center, for students who are eligible for tuition reimbursement at their place of employment. For more information regarding JU tuition, please visit the Office of Student Financial Assistance.
Ms. Ashley Crummedyo
Coordinator for Nursing Cohorts
- Telephone number (904) 256-7296
- Email address firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about our online RN to BSN program, please visit the RN to BSN Online Program website.