Second Degree Program12-Month BSN in Palm Coast
Earn a Second Bachelor's DegreeBecome a nurse in just 12 months
Jacksonville University at Palm Coast is proud to bring our 12-month Second Degree Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) program to the Flagler and Volusia region. JU faculty will teach students the necessary healthcare delivery skills in a strategic, purposeful, and flexible model that allows students to successfully enter the field of nursing in just 12 months. Palm Coast ABSN students will participate in weekly clinicals at Flagler Health+.
Jacksonville University is committed to preparing our students for the exciting healthcare careers ahead of them. Students of the 12-month ABSN program will have access to immersive learning tools and technology, including Virtual Reality simulation and robotics, to enhance their learning experience and practice patient scenarios to develop critical thinking skills.
At Jacksonville University, we believe in making high-quality education affordable. The following scholarships are being offered to students of the Palm Coast 12-Month ABSN program:
- Robert and Monica Jacoby Scholarship - one Palm Coast ABSN student will receive a full tuition scholarship thanks to the generous donation of Robert and Monica Jacoby. In order to apply for this scholarship, applicants must have a 3.5 GPA, been accepted into the program, and have deposited for the upcoming year. Applications must be submitted by December 1, 2022.
- JU & Brooks Rehabilitation Nursing Excellence Scholarship - when awarded, each accepted student will receive $10,000 in exchange for an 18-month work commitment at the current market rate with Brooks Rehabilitation Hospital or Halifax CIR. In order to apply for this scholarship, you must be an accepted student who has deposited for the upcoming year.
- JU Palm Coast ABSN Merit Scholarship - when awarded, the scholarship will provide $10,000 for each accepted student.
Are you ready for a career change?
Jacksonville University's 12-month ABSN program is right for you if you have already earned a bachelor’s degree and want to pursue a career in nursing. Complete your nursing degree in just 12 months in this accelerated second-degree program.
In order to be considered for this program, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution*
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 on a 4.00 scale
- Prerequisite courses completed with a 'C' higher from a regionally accredited institution*
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I with lab taken within the last 10 years (4 credits)
- Human Anatomy & Physiology II with lab taken within the last 10 years (4 credits)
- General Chemistry with lab (4 credits)
- Microbiology with lab (4 credits)
- Nutrition (3 credits)
- Human Growth & Development (3 credits)
- Statistics (3 credits)
These are our minimum qualifications. Meeting these requirements does not guarantee acceptance to the program.
*You may apply with a degree in progress and/or outstanding pre-requisites. However, they must be completed by the program start date.
Application & Evaluation
Your application must include the following components in order to be considered:
- Submit an online graduate application.
Start your application now.
- Unofficial transcripts from all previously attended institutions.
A separate transcript is required for each institution. Unofficial transcripts can be uploaded within you application or after it is submitted.
- Proof of current or future enrollment in any outstanding pre-requisites.
They must be taken at a regionally accredited institution and scheduled to finish before the program starts.
- Short-answer writing sample.
You must answer three prompts. There is a 200-word limit for each prompt. This component is found within the online application; you will not receive a separate link.
- One-way recorded virtual interview.
This can be done from anywhere! The questions will be presented to you at the time of recording. You will have 10 minutes to respond to five questions. This component is found within the online application; you will not receive a separate link.
- TEAS IPP Report.
No minimum score is required. Applicants have the option to complete the exam online, proctored by ATI. Scores can be uploaded to your application after the online form is submitted.
Applications are evaluated on the following five components:
- Cumulative GPA
- Prerequisite GPA
- Writing sample
- Virtual interview
- TEAS score
Our 12-month program offers a spring entry term and focuses on Critical Care. Students are expected to attend in-person classes Monday - Friday, and clinicals one day a week with Flagler Health+. This program does not offer evening or online classes.
Our programs are 'lock-step.' A lock-step program requires all students to complete a set curriculum in a specified sequence. This also requires that students successfully complete each course in order to progress. Because of this, programs cannot be completed in less time than outlined.
Available Program Locations
The 12-Month Second-Degree Bachelor of Science in Nursing program is available in the following highlighted locations: