MSN Cohort Programs
The Keigwin School of Nursing offers three available MSN cognates in a cohort format. MSN cohorts are designed for students who are working nurses looking for a delivery model and pace to allow their educational plans to fit in with a busy professional life. These cohorts are often taught at local hospitals, and with a closed class that moves through together from start to finish, thus providing a consistent and encouraging support system of classmates for the duration of the degree. This model designs the degree progression to allow students to focus on only one course a time, one night per week, in a hybrid format which delivers some content in person and some content online. Utilizing this model for our MSN cohorts provides students with a reasonable pace that can be balanced with a student’s busy personal and professional life, while still allowing them to complete their MSN degree in 18-22 months. For those interested in pursuing their MSN in our cohort model, the following cognates are available:
* Post-Master’s certificates are available for all of these specializations.
- Completed online application (no application fee required)
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities
- 3.0 undergraduate nursing GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Graduation from a CCNE, NLN or ACEN accredited BSN program
- Evidence of completion of undergraduate courses in statistics and physical assessment
- Official GRE scores of 290 or higher
- The requirement of official GRE scores will be waived for all applicants who have a 3.0 or higher undergraduate nursing GPA
- Resume or CV
- Statement of Intent
- A personal statement describing your reasons for pursuing an advanced degree and detailing your professional goals. Should not exceed 2 pages.
- Copy of valid Florida RN License
- Out of state applicants must have valid RN license from a US state and be eligible for license endorsement in the state of Florida.
Angelica Novo, M.Ed.
- Email address email@example.com
- Telephone number (904) 256-7978