- Veterans & Military Resource Center Home
- Welcome to JU
- Veterans Education Benefits & Financial Aid
- The JU Experience
- Military Alumni
- Contact Us
- Military Orientation Transition Series Videos
- Green Zone Training
The JU Experience
Jacksonville University is proud to be one of the most military friendly campuses in the United States. We value our military students not only for their service to our country but also the leadership, life experience and maturity they bring to the educational environment on our campus. To honor our commitment to our military community, we are implementing multiple initiatives that will significantly enhance our support to military students. Our comprehensive approach to assimilating our military into the Jacksonville University community significantly enhances the military student experience. We see the incredible value that veterans’ leadership, life experience and maturity bring to the educational environment on our campus. The University’s traditional students benefit greatly from their veteran student colleagues. Outlined below is an overview of our military support initiatives.
- University President, faculty, and staff are personally committed to fully supporting military students by continually seeking new and innovative programs that enhance our support.
- Our designation as a “Military Friendly School” and one of the “Best Colleges for Veterans” is emblematic of the University’s commitment to the military.
- Jacksonville University fully endorses and supports the 8 Keys to Veterans Success and the Principles of Excellence that were developed by the White House and Departments of Defense, Education, and Veterans Affairs.
The 8 Keys to Veterans’ Success
- Create a culture of trust and connectedness across the campus community to promote well-being and success for veterans.
- Ensure consistent and sustained support from campus leadership.
- Implement an early alert system to ensure all veterans receive academic, career, and financial advice before challenges become overwhelming.
- Coordinate and centralize campus efforts for all veterans, together with the creation of a designated space for them (even if limited in size).
- Collaborate with local communities and organizations, including government agencies, to align and coordinate various services for veterans.
- Utilize a uniform set of data tools to collect and track information on veterans, including demographics, retention, and degree completion.
- Provide comprehensive professional development for faculty and staff on issues and challenges unique to veterans.
- Develop systems that ensure sustainability of effective practices for veterans.
Principles of Excellence
- Provide students with a personalized form covering the total cost of an education program.
- Provide educational plans for all military and Veteran education beneficiaries.
- End fraudulent and aggressive recruiting techniques and misrepresentations.
- Accommodate Service members and Reservists absent due to service requirements.
- Designate a point of contact to provide academic and financial advice.
- Ensure accreditation of all new programs prior to enrolling students.
- Align institutional refund policies with those under Title IV, which governs the administration of federal student financial aid programs.