Division of Visual Arts, Linda Berry Stein College of Fine Arts
The Division of Visual Arts in the Linda Berry Stein College of Fine Arts at Jacksonville University invites applications for a part-time, renewable annual contract for a 3D Arts Studio Technician for the academic term of 2019-2020 (beginning August 15, 2019).
Manage the facilities in the 2D & 3D Arts Research Complex (ARC), primarily focused in the 3D areas of Ceramics, Glass, and Sculpture.
- Manage the day-to-day needs of the Ceramics, Glass, and Sculpture facilities
- Manage, submit, and coordinate work orders for the 2D & 3D ARCs
- Coordinate the repair, replacement and updating of tools and equipment
- Develop and manage tool/resource checkout system
- Uphold, develop, and implement 2D & 3D studio safety protocols
- Manage inventories and storage spaces
- Supervise students in the safe use and care of tools, equipment, and facilities
- Oversee studio cleanups and liaise with Physical Plant
- Work closely with faculty to strategize current and future needs of the facilities
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in an applicable field
- Three years of practical shop experience
- Knowledge of safe use, maintenance, and storage of equipment, materials, and supplies
- Able to lead by example and communicate effectively when speaking or writing
- Wood and/or Metal fabrication methods and techniques are required
- Must be able to work independently with little direction
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for prolonged periods, and repeatedly lift objects up to 50 lbs.
- Knowledge of electric and/or gas kiln operation and maintenance
- Ceramics and/or Glass fabrication methods and techniques
- Other fabrication technologies and techniques (mold making, 3D printing, casting, etc.)
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Applicants must submit an application, a letter of interest, resume or CV, and the names and contact information for three references to Dana Tupa at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are encouraged to also include with their materials a portfolio of up to 10 images of personal projects. Application review begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.