Department of Music
This position is one of staff musician tasked with accompanying the vocal ensembles and other curricular needs in the music department.
Essential Job Duties
- Accompanies MUSC 228/428, MUS 400/401, MUS 328 as needed.
- Reports to these courses and plays all relevant rehearsals and performances.
- Skilled, proficient pianist and musician
- Organization and scheduling varied courses and ensemble directors
- Various classrooms and performance spaces
- Various pianos in those spaces
- Evenings and weekends
- Ability to move a piano
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Bachelor's degree in music, piano proficiency at a primary level.
Minimum Work Experience
- Demonstrated proficiency on the piano and accompanying ensembles, vocalists, and instrumentalists.
- More than a Bachelor's degree is fine but not required with sufficient skill.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.