This position is no longer available.
Career Resource Center
The Career Resource Center’s Office Coordinator will join a team of professionals committed to developing students into self-sufficient and professional individuals, capable of achieving lifelong success in the world of work. The Office Coordinator will be a caring individual with the desire and ability to direct students, alumni, faculty and staff, employers and parents to the appropriate services. The Office Coordinator must be able to demonstrate a high-degree of independent decision-making, judgment, creativity and professionalism at all times. Must be adaptable as priorities shift quickly when unexpectedly needs arise and possess advanced problem-solving skills. Additionally, the selected candidate will contribute to our event strategy, branding and execution. The Office Coordinator must be highly organized and have great attention to detail and must have excellent time-management skills and be able to prioritize multiple task.
Essential Job Duties
- Perform administrative tasks as needed including, ordering office supplies, distributing mail and any other duties associated with the running of a successful office.
- Maintain Career Resources (includes inventorying, processing new materials and cataloguing)
- Compose routine letters, e-mail messages, and other correspondence with students, faculty, employers and alumni
- Generate reports using Handshake and create routine marketing materials for all department events.
- Knowledge of business management, budgeting and ability to multitask.
- Manage student, alumni, parent, faculty, staff and employer communication (in-person, email, phone) relying upon knowledge of University and department resources.
- Responsible for assisting with all duties for the planning and executing of the Campus-wide events. Including but not limited to coordination and logistical responsibilities such as reservations of facilities, work orders, purchasing and any other duties for seamless and successful events.
- Communication (written and verbal)- ability to communicate effectively with diverse student populations, varied levels of administration and employer partners
- Social Media- Understands effective strategies, legal implications and privacy settings
- Event Planning- Creative vision for large-scale, intricate events and ability to deliver on time and under budget
- Technology- ability to use CRM databases, generate reports and create documents using excel, word, PowerPoint and the NACElink software, Handshake.
- Knowledge of office software packages like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint etc.
- Work is performed under minimum supervision and requires incumbent to exercise independence and discretion.
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Bachelor degree preferred but work experience can substitute for education requirement.
Minimum Work Experience
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in clerical/secretarial/administrative duties.
- Good interpersonal communication
- Leadership qualities
- Knowledge of IT and budget design
- Superior organizational abilities.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Interested applicants should send all materials to email@example.com