- Office of Human Resources
- Announcements and Dates
- Employee Benefits
- Employment Opportunities
- Faculty & Staff Resources
- Forms & Documents
- Employee Health and Wellness
- Training and Development
- Employees Only
- Meet Your Staff
This position is no longer available.
Working under the supervision of the Controller, the fulltime Administrative Assistant oversees and manages all office procedures and other tasks as assigned by the Controller and staff.
Essential Job Duties
- Oversee all aspects of general office coordination.
- Maintain office calendar to coordinate work flow and meetings.
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of staff and student information.
- Monitor and assist with maintenance of the organization’s website.
- Interact with faculty, staff, students, vendors and visitors.
- Answer telephones and transfer to appropriate staff member.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
- Sign for and distribute UPS/FedEx or similarly delivered packages.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Perform general clerical duties to include, but not limited to, scanning, copying, faxing, mailing and filing.
- File and retrieve organizational documents, records and reports.
- Coordinate and maintain time records for staff, office space, telephones, parking, company debit card and office keys.
- Create and modify documents such as invoices, reports, memos, letters and financial statements using word processing, spreadsheet, database and/or other presentation software such as Microsoft Office.
- Set up and coordinate meetings and conferences.
- Reconcile Outstanding Checks per Daily Bank Reports.
- Ordering supplies and keeping adequate office supply inventory.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work well with others
- Accuracy in data entry
- Ability to think things through and resolve independently.
- Work is primarily indoors, but requires the incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus
- Standard office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Incumbent will be exposed to frequent noise caused by telephones and office machines
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and reach
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
- Minimum Education Requirement: High School Diploma
- Minimum Work Experience: 1-2 years in office environment
- 1-2 years in a general office environment
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
I acknowledge receipt and understanding of this job description. I verify that I am capable of and willing to fulfill all essential functions of this position. I am willing to be flexible and willing to do various jobs that are not listed, as the need arises.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.