Multimedia Production Specialist
This position is no longer available.
Multimedia Production Specialist
The Multimedia Production Specialist will work with the Video Production Manager to support the JU community with all aspects of the video production process, including but not limited to pre-production, production, and post-production processes needed to deliver multimedia content to JU faculty, staff, students, and other community members in a timely and creative manner.
Essential Job Duties
- Serve as a member of a course development team, which may include subject-matter experts, program directors, instructional designers, multimedia specialists, etc.
- Design and develop multimedia objects including but not limited to: video presentations, animations, interactive content, narrated slide presentations, screen captures, audio recordings.
- Assist JU faculty in the production of educational video modules supporting online classes, the flipped classroom model, and asynchronous learning.
- Execute post-production of multiple video projects for inclusion in innovative online learning experiences, including editing, mixing, mastering, and color correcting video assets.
- Monitor and serve as technical coordinator for One Button Studio and Podcasting.
- Compress and upload final videos for publication.
- Interface with online video hosting platforms to deliver media and associated assets, including Kaltura and YouTube
- Faculty resource for Kaltura videos
- Capture footage, direct, edit, and complete videos while coaching faculty on how to effectively deliver messages and connect with the learning audience.
- Effectively manage projects from storyboarding/design to deployment phase in a timely manner and according to expectations.
- Make recommendations on the exploration and adoption of new technologies and design strategies.
- Research emerging technology, new applications, and online learning tools for further recommendation and implementation.
- Provide training that focuses on multimedia tools and techniques as needed.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and management of JU’s Academic Technology social media strategy
- Create multimedia content to support the social media strategy.
- Generate weekly status reports for projects.
- Support AT marketing and branding efforts with video and graphics.
- Perform video recording, editing, and encoding for web distribution,
- Assist in operation of the JU Video Production Studio.
- Assist in operation and maintenance of video and audio recording equipment.
- Assist the Communications Practicum and related courses with producing newscasts and video assignments.
- Perform digital video transcoding and media format conversion.
- Possess a core understanding of the preproduction process
- Possess a core understanding of common video signals.
- Possess a core understanding of audio signal flow.
- Possess a core understanding of common digital video codecs and their use.
- Experience working with non-linear video editing systems. (Experience with Final Cut Pro X 10.6 is a plus.)
- Basic familiarity with video production switchers. (Experience with Tricaster is a plus.)
- Knowledge of basic video production best practices.
- Ability to set up, record with, and breakdown video and audio capture devices on location
- Ability to troubleshoot A/V hardware, software, and digital media.
- Possess a strong customer-service mentality and attitude.
- Ability to work independently under minimal guidance.
- Ability to communicate well with others, both verbally and in writing, and be able to effectively interact with administration, faculty, staff and other outside contacts in a pleasant, positive manner.
- Ability to coordinate and maintain relationships with cross-functional departments to ensure efficient operations.
- Standard office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. - Monday through Friday, with required evening and weekend hours, as necessary to accommodate professors’ needs or special events on campus, during the year.
- Work is primarily indoors but requires the incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment and supplies weighting up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to bend, stoop and reach
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- High School degree; Associate Degree preferably communications or related audio-visual degree program.
Minimum Work Experience
- Minimum three (3) years of related experience, preferably in higher education.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.