This position is no longer available.
Oversees the quality of student learning experience, ensuring that program expectations concerning student experience and student engagement are met.
The MSMS Moderator is a critical member of the teaching & learning process for the Masters in Medical Science (MSMS). He/she supports students in the classroom in multiple functions described below.
Essential Job Duties
- Setup & support the Classroom for In-Class Sessions (ICS)
- Setup Zoom conference and audio / visual equipment
- Solve Zoom and/or AV equipment issues, e.g., technical troubleshooting skills
- Facilitate Dynamic Classroom learning methodology
- Assist students with using iClicker, Canvas LMS, and other ed tech platforms
- Assist in organizing and moderating Small Group Discussions based on Instructor’s guidelines
- Collect / aggregate student questions
- During ICS, help students ask questions to the Instructor on Zoom
- Before & After ICS, listen to students’ questions, issues, & concerns and then communicate the questions back to the Tiber/PHSU Instructor and TA
- Meet with and provide actionable intelligence to Partner Program Coordinator
- Working with Tiber/PHSU TA to monitor student progress & identify students at-risk
- Update the Program Coordinator on weekly basis with at-risk students & intervention / remediation steps being taken
- Support / proctor exams
- Support students during exams by helping with Examplify installation and issues
- Communicate and troubleshooting exam administration issues with Tiber/PHSU staff
- Provide tutoring to students in science
- Meet with students to clarify and review concepts taught in class, explain processes and help students solve specific problems
- Assist students with homework, projects, test preparation, paper, research, and other academic tasks
- Communicate with Tiber/PHSU Instructor & TA
- Serve as a conduit for students to convey their feedback to Tiber/PHSU faculty & staff
- Alert Tiber/PHSU faculty & staff about student issues as soon as they are known, then help to resolve the issues.
- Performs related duties as required or directed
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team
- Clear, correct, and effective communication using the English language.
- Ability to use discretionary judgment
- Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft word, office suite; Ability to learn new technologies and software programs
- Valid FL Driver’s License with good driving record; must be insurable
- Character: be a person of character, drive and integrity who will represent the University in a professional manner at all times.
- Creativity: have the ability to meet appropriate situation with reasonable, creative responses in order to achieve the goals and objectives of the recruitment effort.
- Commitment: be dedicated to the mission of Jacksonville University in regard to the growth of its student population.
- 8:30am to 5:00pm; flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Some off-campus travel may be required
- Work is performed under minimum supervision and requires incumbent to exercise independence and discretion
- Ability to perform all duties and responsibilities as outline in this job description
- Light work-standing, walking, lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Talking, hearing, repetitive motions
- Close visual acuity-viewing computer screen, extensive reading
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Degree in science, education or a related field
Minimum Work Experience
- Customer Service experience
- must have experience using educational technology platforms used in higher ed, preferably Canvas LMS, ExamSoft, etc.
Master’s Degree in Medical Sciences, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Anatomy/Physiology Higher education, with some teaching experience, 3+ years of demonstrated application support experience, excellent customer service skills and the ability to multi-task in a fastpaced environment, advanced skills in Microsoft suite
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.