Library Office Associate
Library Office Associate
The Library Office Associate performs administrative tasks and moderate bookkeeping duties for the library.
Essential Job Duties
- Is responsible for keeping records of library purchases ordered and paid from library funds. This involves checking and vouchering invoices and forwarding to the accounts payable office
- Create monthly and annual reports to reflect budget expenditures
- Prepares periodic expenditure reports for librarians responsible for purchasing from various library accounts
- Keeps track of time records for the librarians
- Provides clerical support for the Director of the Library which may include typing of letters and reports as needed
- Answers incoming telephone calls and directs call to appropriate department.
- Sorts and distributes library mail
- Orders general office supplies and maintains inventory of library equipment and furnishings. Creates purchase orders and maintains vendor account information
- Initiates requests for necessary building maintenance
- Coordinate library events and outreach activities with librarians as needed
- Ability to use Excel for record keeping and report generation
- Maintains files and other documents electronically
- Operates standard office equipment and uses required software applications
- Maintains confidentiality of library director’s office
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Office skills, basic bookkeeping skills, office computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and professional skills
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills with the ability to work independently
- Primarily indoor office conditions.
- Standard office hours are M-F 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Must be able to work through numerous interruptions.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment and/or supplies weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and reach.
- Must be able to operate a computer keyboard and other office machines.
- Must have vision capable of reading written communications in print or on a screen.
- Must have adequate hearing to communicate in person or on the phone.
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- High school diploma with administrative experience
Minimum Work Experience
- Three years of progressively responsible administrative work.
- Familiarity with libraries or with the higher education environment; some college.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Interested applicants, send application material to email@example.com.