- Office of Human Resources
- Announcements and Dates
- Employee Benefits
- Employment Opportunities
- Faculty & Staff Resources
- Forms & Documents
- Employee Health and Wellness
- Training and Development
- Employees Only
- Meet Your Staff
Front Desk Coordinator
Front Desk Coordinator
Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences
The Front Desk Coordinator for the Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Science (BRCHS) will work with the following programs within the BRCHS: Keigwin School of Nursing, School of Applied Health Sciences that includes: Communication Sciences and Disorders, Health Informatics, Kinesiology, Mental Health Counseling, Occupational Therapy, and Sport Management. This position works in the main BRCHS building in a team-based environment directing and managing the daily operational functions of the BRCHS and Lazzara buildings. The Front Desk Coordinator is responsible for receiving and interacting with students, faculty/staff, and guests to the College of Healthcare Sciences. This includes daily work flow management of classrooms and building operational matters; working collaboratively with the BRCHS Administrative Assistants, Deans, Directors, Faculty and Staff to efficiently achieve BRCHS goals. This will be achieved through the following:
Essential Job Duties
- Answer and direct the main telephone number for all BRCHS activities. Answer the telephone in a clear, professional manner; directing calls to appropriate persons.
- Initiate and maintain the event calendar for BRCHS to include our two buildings (Lazzara and BRCHS).
Negotiate and schedule rooms for BRCHS events Search and attain campus wide rooms when rooms in our two buildings are not available. Requires collaboration with campus wide Administration, Faculty and Staff. An event is defined as a function outside a Course/Class level, i.e. meetings, speakers, orientation, seminars, reviews (anything other than a regular weekly class for a term schedule)
- Direct and manage daily operational activities supporting BRCHS faculty, staff and students. Anticipate problems/issues impacting classroom effectiveness, and resolve anomalies to daily operation, i.e. AV equipment doesn’t work, need to combine classrooms requiring a move of 60 students to one classroom for orientation or a combined exam, etc.
- Maintain BRCHS academic documentation files required for SACS accreditation and program corroboration, i.e.: student clinical evaluations and scantron/tests.
- BRCHS Building/facility management, to include: enter physical plant work orders, track/manage delinquent work orders, support office & equipment moves, and manage office supplies, to include: order/deliver/plan and project office supplies for faculty and staff.
- Sort, direct, and deliver BRCHS mail, to include: all packages, and general mail.
- Identify and direct a federal student work task force.
- Provide direct or indirect assistance to academic functions and services, including, but not limited to: room or class scheduling, administration of student records, test administration, supporting counseling/advising services and general support to programs in all areas of the College.
- Coordinate with JU Marketing, JU Facilities, Aramark, etc. on organizing events.
- Update website verbiage and documentation as needed.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Practiced/Experienced Negotiation Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, to include: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Primarily indoors except when traveling between campus buildings.
- Standard office hours Monday-Thursday, 7:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m., Friday, 7:00 a.m.– 12:45 p.m. Hours may varied due to scheduled events or workload.
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable work experience
Minimum Work Experience
- Experience in a fast paced, often changing, office environment, with the ability to skillfully multi-task.
- Knowledge of academic and business process, classroom set up and University communications
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). The ability to converse with a diverse group of people and negotiate with people inside and outside BRCHS with opposing goals and objectives.
- Excellent critical thinking skills; understanding the needs of the BRCHS organization to determine future needs of the organization. Act rather than react to daily operations.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest emphasizing experience and potential, a Resume, JU employment application, background check authorization and three letters of reference. Directed to: Sally Lynch, Executive Administrator to the Dean, firstname.lastname@example.org.