COVID-19 Healthcare Coordinator
COVID-19 Healthcare Coordinator
Student Health Center
The COVID-19 Healthcare Coordinator position is a non-exempt, full-time, one-year appointment with the possibility of extension. This individual will work directly with the Executive Director of the Student Health Center and the COVID-19 Response Coordinator to help reduce the spread of COVID 19 on Jacksonville University’s campus and support the healthcare needs of students who have been directly impacted by COVID-19. The Healthcare Coordinator will monitor, evaluate, and document daily assessments of students who require isolation or quarantine, act as the point of contact for communication with the Department of Health and provide daily reporting on those who are in isolation. This individual will collaborate with the COVID-19 Response Coordinator to arrange isolation of a student at the time of diagnosis and other nonmedical support services. The COVID-19 Healthcare Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director of the Student Health Center to determine when and if a student needs additional medical care.
Essential Job Duties
- Assist with the ongoing development, modification and implementation of policies and procedures related to the transmission of COVID-19
- Coordinate medical services for students/patients with COVID-19.
- Provide daily evaluation and assessment of the those in quarantine and isolation
- Work in collaboration with the Department of Health and fulfill any COVID-19 reporting requirements
- Provide ongoing education to those who require quarantine and isolation
- Act as a resource for nonmedical personnel on the COVID-19 response team
- Assist with COVID-19 testing and face-to-face evaluations of COVID-19 positive patients
- Partner with campus departments to provide ongoing education and training for students/faculty and staff on public health topics related to COVID-19
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director of the Student Health Center
- Computer knowledge with Electronic Medical Record experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and professional skills
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, university colleagues, healthcare providers, other professional/ administrative officials, and public health experts.
- Familiar with the use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Familiar with the use of Telehealth services
- Excellent clinical assessment skills with ability to accurately document and report the evaluation
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills with the ability to provide independent judgment with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply fundamental concepts related to HIPPA/FERPA regulations and privacy practices
- Work is primarily indoors but requires incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when travelling between campus buildings or engaging in relevant outreach activities.
- Standard work hours are M-F, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment or supplies weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person or by phone.
- Must be able to show proof of immunization against Hepatitis B and MMR
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Licensed as a registered nurse in the State of Florida
- CPR/AED Certified
Minimum Work Experience
- 4 years of professional experience as a nurse (preferred experience in the field of infectious diseases or public health)
- Computer experience and proficient in using an Electronic Medical Record System
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse student groups.
- Successfully pass a background check
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.