Coordinator of Special Events & Campus Experience
Coordinator of Special Events & Campus Experience
Strategic Events & Campus Experience
Reporting to the Executive Director of the office of Strategic Events and Campus Experience,
the Coordinator of Special Events will deliver project management, strategic planning,
and implementation support to further the University's strategic vision, culture and
the President's key organizational events and initiatives. This position will support
the University in events and experiences from conception to completion.
The CSE will assist in planning, implementing, and executing special events on and off campus as well as assist in carrying out directives determined by JU’s “Service Excellence” task force and JU’s newly honed strategic vision. They will provide consulting and/or assistance for specific events and strategic initiatives that are deemed critical for University success. They will further strategic change by clarifying and leading with our service-oriented vision.
The CSE will collaborate with all other institutional stakeholders necessary to coordinate implementation of strategic goals, including, Communications and Marketing to ensure thoughtful and transparent communication of events and initiatives throughout the process; the Office of Human Resources to ensure that appropriate attention and training is devoted to providing employees a robust knowledge of the JU Service philosophy; University Advancement to further relationships with our external partners though events; and with Admissions to improve potential student/parent guest experiences on campus.
The CSE will require a high degree of client engagement with excellent facilitation, influence, and strategic consulting skills. They must work well in a collaborative team and have proven ability to influence and drive change while paying particular attention to all details, small and large, that will affect JU and its students, employees, and campus now and in the future.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to manage a broad scope of projects, to coordinate the activities of various groups, and to interface with a wide range of people both within and outside the University system.
- Knowledge of and experience in planning and implementing events
- Organizational skills including consistently and effectively meeting budget and time deadlines.
- Impeccable time management.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively through verbal, written and graphic means.
- Strong team orientation and collaborative style; position requires an inclusive approach to engaging stakeholders across the campus in ways that lead to service-oriented decisions and buy-in.
- Graphic design skills helpful but not necessary
Essential Job Duties
Event Project Management
- Manage and/or assist special events and initiatives assigned by the ED from concept through completion.
- Serve as a liaison with event stake-holders campus-wide on an on-going basis.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion. Proactively manage changes in event scope, identify potential risks and devise mitigation and contingency plans.
- Participate in the planning and establishment of goals and objectives for events, with respect to budgets, speakers, facilities, technology, equipment, logistical requirements, and other related issues.
- Assist in the liaison between contractors, organizers, faculty, and administrators with regards to all facets of the logistical operations support of multiple programs and events.
- Support the management of space reservations on campus
- Coordinate with Marketing Services and/or outside contractors for various event marketing materials, to include invitations, brochures, public relations, media, etc. for specific events.
- Participates in budget planning and management, as required for individual events
- Assist and contribute to the planning, coordination, development, and implementation of long-range department goals and objectives.
- May supervise lower graded staff and/or student employees; may participate in training and evaluative sessions.
Service Excellence Visitor Initiatives
- Demonstrates, promotes, and recognizes university standards for excellent client service, effective use of resources, professional development, personal accountability and continuous improvement.
- Furthers strategic change by representing the University's Service Excellence vision at all levels of the organization.
- Collaborates with Service Excellence task force and other administrative leaders to support effective programs that enhance awareness and appreciation for the University's mission and culture.
- Partner with Communication and Marketing team to ensure timely, effective, and transparent communications regarding programming
- Takes initiative in problem-solving, decision-making, and coalescing University Service Excellence issues and concerns.
Performs other related duties as assigned
- Actively participates as an effective member of team by completing assigned duties, accepting additional assignments or reassignments.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.