- Office of Human Resources
- Announcements and Dates
- Employee Benefits
- Employment Opportunities
- Faculty & Staff Resources
- Forms & Documents
- Employee Health and Wellness
- Training and Development
- Employees Only
- Meet Your Staff
College of Healthcare Sciences / School of Orthodontics
Responsible for preparing exam rooms, delivering supplies to service provider, stocking exam rooms, taking x-rays and sterilizing and maintaining instruments.
Essential Job Duties
- Prepares patient for treatment, sets up instrument trays, prepares materials and assists service provider in performing orthodontic procedures.
- Remove wires for patient to have dental cleaning, if doctor is not available.
- Takes diagnostic x-rays. Instructs patients in oral hygiene and plaque control programs.
- Makes preliminary impressions for study casts and occlusal registrations for mounting study casts; pours, pulls casts and returns to resident.
- Sterilizes and disinfects instruments.
- Provides postoperative instructions to patients, as prescribed by service provider. Records treatment information in patient records.
- Takes and records medical and dental histories and vital signs of patients, if doctor is not available.
- Tracks lab procedures, ensuring that results are returned within required time frames.
- Assist Clinical Assistant Coordinator with maintaining supply and material inventories to order replacements as needed.
- Performs housekeeping tasks to maintain exam and treatment rooms and storage areas in a clean, orderly condition.
- Maintains OSHA requirements and standards.
- Maintains confidentiality; protects the security of dental records and adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Operates standard office equipment and uses required software applications.
- Performance other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Dental terminology. Orthodontic dentistry chair-side assistance processes and procedures.
- Sterilization techniques and procedures.
- OSHA standards and requirements.
- Florida Laws and Regulations
- Providing chair-side assistance. Sterilizing and disinfecting dental equipment
- Operating and maintaining a wide variety of dental equipment. Accurately maintaining patient treatment records.
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications
- Read understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Organize and prioritize multiple detailed tasks within tight timeframes.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Work collaboratively within a team environment. Handle stressful situations and provide a high level of customer service in a calm and professional manner. Inducing calming fearful patients.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, service provider’s faculty and other staff.
- Normal business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
- Some additional hours may be required.
- Sitting—up to 7 hours a day
- Walking—up to 2 hours per day
- Standing—up to 4 hours per day
- Computer keyboard—up to 7 hours per day
- Lifting—up to .5 hours per day up to a maximum of 30 pounds
- Pushing— up to .5 hours per day up to a maximum of 30 pounds
- Pulling— up to .5 hours per day up to a maximum of 30 pounds
- The following requirements will generally not apply:
- Climbing stairs or a ladder
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education/Experience Requirement
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or other related discipline two (2) years’ experience in providing secretarial and administrative support to executives in an academic medical environment or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- A valid driver’s license is required prior to employment and must be maintained during employment.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
I acknowledge receipt and understanding of this job description. I verify that I am capable of and willing to fulfill all essential functions of this position. I am willing to be flexible and willing to do various jobs that are not listed, as the need arises.
Applications, professional resumes and letters of application should go to William Duff, Chairside Assistant Coordinator at email@example.com.