Campus Security Coordinator
This position is no longer available.
Campus Security Coordinator
Performs administrative, budget expenditures, personnel scheduling and legal and confidential clerical functions The Coordinator reports to the Director, but supports the overall Campus Security function and efforts of uniformed security personnel and the University locksmith.
Essential Job Duties
- Organizes, maintains all department records in the management of the parking registration and parking enforcement, including data entry into the Datatel system, database system, and oversees the parking ticket appeal system including the selection of members and scheduling of appeals committee meetings.
- Organizes and administers the recruitment, training, and maintenance of the student employee support staff. Develops and modifies as needed a 24/7 shift assignment schedule for student employees including acting as a liaison with the Student Employee Coordinator on issues surrounding student employment, their orientation, and payroll.
- Organizes and maintains files for Department purchasing and requisitions including the completion of related forms necessary for purchasing activity of the Department,
- Performs confidential clerical functions, telephone calls and information flow for the Director including responding to routine questions and request for information from the University community and visitors
- Organizes and expedites inter- departmental request for services including work orders, resources for University events and emergency activities.
- Receive incoming calls for security services, obtain all vital information relevant to the request of the call, determine the priority of the call, dispatch or direct call to appropriate personnel, and monitor progress of dispatched Officers.
- Serves as department liaison with Payroll, Purchasing, Controller, Physical Plant, and Residential Life on daily activities.
- Assists in preparing and planning department budget allocations including the prioritization of purchasing needs.
- Prepares reports as needed for department activity as directed by the Director.
- Other administrative or clerical tasks as assigned by the Director.
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Associate Degree or 60 college-level credits
Minimum Work Experience
- 1-2 years of office experience or High School education with minimum of 3-5 years experience in an office environment.
- Proficiency with records management, knowledge of basic budgeting and strong computer skills including proficiency with the use of databases, spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and be creative in developing solutions to complex issues.
- Required typing proficiency 40 wpm
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Interested applicants, send materials to Kevin Bennett at email@example.com