- Office of Human Resources
- Announcements and Dates
- Employee Benefits
- Employment Opportunities
- Faculty & Staff Resources
- Forms & Documents
- Employee Health and Wellness
- Training and Development
- Employees Only
- Meet Your Staff
This position is no longer available.
Provide general administrative support to Director of Alumni and Family Relations and other office staff as needed (Alumni and Family Relations staff). Coordinate schedules, deliveries, mail and perform general administrative, clerical and office duties.
Essential Job Duties
- Assist with alumni and family relations projects.
- Interact with and ensure customer service for all visitors including but not limited to alumni, students, faculty, donors, Board of Trustee members and Jacksonville University personnel as appropriate.
- Coordinate communication on all projects with the Communications Coordinator.
- Assist in planning and execution of programs with the GOLD Phins and the Young Alumni.
- Provide mail service and distribution for the Alumni and Family Relations staff and assist in general office projects such as mass mailings, event planning, printing, facility arrangements, etc.
- Assist in general office duties supporting Alumni and Parent Relations staff.
- Assist with Event coordination and PR/Marketing efforts as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Paperless Post and other web based programs.
- Skill in data management.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, maturity to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Must be able to multi-task, be a self-starter with good initiative and use good judgment.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Familiarity with LinkedIn and other social media.
- Professional dress and acumen.
- Work is primarily indoors, but requires the incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when traveling between campus buildings or being off campus.
- Standard office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours to support events.
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines.
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens.
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone.
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- High School education, University degree desired or equivalent work experience.
- Professional experience strongly preferred
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
I acknowledge receipt and understanding of this job description. I verify that I am capable of and willing to fulfill all essential functions of this position. I am willing to be flexible and willing to do various jobs that are not listed, as the need arises.
Please have applicants sent to Sharon Getz at email@example.com