Admissions Office Associate
Admissions Office Associate
The Admissions Office Associate is an integral member of the Admissions Team. The Admissions Office Associate is responsible performing a wide variety of comprehensive, complex and specialized administrative duties to support the Vice President of Enrollment Management and for providing a welcoming, caring, and informative resource to all visitors. As a first contact to the external community, the Admissions Office Associate must demonstrate consistent professionalism and effective customer service. This position is responsible for greeting campus visitors, answering incoming phone calls, taking phone messages and distributing messages to staff members while managing the Admissions front desk and performing other administrative duties, as needed. This position requires a pleasant and energetic demeanor with excellent phone manners and the ability to organize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced office environment.
Essential Job Duties
- Greet and welcome visitors to the Howard Administration Building in a friendly and enthusiastic manner. Direct touring visitors to the Admissions waiting area and notify the Tour Coordinator.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the University and the Office of Admissions; provide information to callers and visitors.
- Ensure all visitors are addressed and supported in a timely, respectful, and professional manner.
- Answer incoming phone calls and transfer calls, as necessary, to the appropriate Admissions staff member or University department. Document and distribute messages for staff.
- Make appointments for guests and add information/updates to the Admissions Calendar, as needed.
- Receive and open Admissions’ mail; deliver mail to the intended recipient; process outgoing mail.
- Monitor incoming emails sent to the general Admissions email inbox and distribute to appropriate staff members.
- Process incoming student data, as needed, using Admissions’ student information systems.
- Exercises confidentiality, discretion and judgement in providing executive support to the Vice President of Enrollment Management
- Independently researches, prioritizes and handles matters addressed to the Vice President for Enrollment Management or escalates the matter as necessary.
- Provide administrative support for Vice President including extensive calendar management, records management, material preparation for meetings.
- Compose correspondence independently on a variety of matters; compile and type various letters, reports and statistical data as directed, maintain VP’s appointment calendar; and make travel arrangements when requested.
- Other duties as assigned
- Work is primarily indoors, but requires the incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when traveling between campus buildings.
- Standard office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Incumbent will be exposed to frequent noise caused by telephones and office machines.
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- College education preferred.
- Prior experience in delivering a high level of customer service.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Prior marketing experience is highly preferred.
- Ability to work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Friendly, positive, up-beat attitude and demeanor. Knowledge of JU is highly preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel; willingness to learn and use data management systems.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
I acknowledge receipt and understanding of this job description. I verify that I am capable of and willing to fulfill all essential functions of this position. I am willing to be flexible and willing to do various jobs that are not listed, as the need arises.