Linda Berry Stein College of Fine Arts & Humanities
Provides administrative support to the academic units of the college: School of Art
& Design (Departments:
Media Arts, Visual Arts), School of Humanities (Departments: Literature, Language & Culture; Philosophy),
and School of Performing Arts (Departments: Dance; Music; Theatre).
Essential Job Duties
- Generate and process purchase orders, check requests and expense reports.
- Assist Department Chairs in maintaining unit operating budgets.
- Assist Department Chairs with course scheduling.
- Assist Department Chairs with Audition/Portfolio Review materials as requested.
- In collaboration with the Marketing & Communications Coordinator, assist with production of concert/event programs and media.
- Coordinate faculty search campus visits, accommodations, and travel.
- Coordinate conference registrations, accommodations, and travel as requested.
- Coordinate guest artists including contracts, payment, accommodations, and travel.
- Provide general administrative support to Department Chairs, including calendar and
meetings as requested.
- Submit work orders, including facilities, key requests, and facilities access requests.
- Process adjunct faculty contracts.
- Process full-time and adjunct faculty payroll and overload stipends.
- Prepare faculty new hire paperwork.
- Word processing 40 WPM, excellent customer service and communication skill, bookkeeping helpful, good computer skills.
- Primarily indoors except when traveling between campus buildings.
- Some off-campus travel may be required.
- Work is performed under minimum supervision and requires incumbent to exercise independence and discretion.
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and scientific equipment.
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens.
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone.
- Medium physical demand; occasionally handles heavy material.
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Minimum Work Experience
- Previous administrative/office/customer service experience.
- Experience in or familiarity with the Arts and Humanities.