- Office of Human Resources
- Announcements and Dates
- Employee Benefits
- Employment Opportunities
- Faculty & Staff Resources
- Forms & Documents
- Employee Health and Wellness
- Training and Development
- Employees Only
- Meet Your Staff
University Relations and Development
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing comprehensive organizational and administrative support to designated executives. Day-to-day responsibilities include managing schedules and meetings, answering phones, responding to emails, taking meeting minutes, identifying and prioritizing items for action, planning and executing events, coordinating with representatives of other offices / agencies, and maintaining documentation required to fulfill monthly state requirements along with completing monthly purchasing card reconciliations. Other duties include: de-conflicting scheduling challenges associated with serving multiple senior level organizational leaders. This position is also expected to build and maintain good working relationships with other staff members, including administrative staff, middle managers, faculty, students, community leaders and senior executives, and to serve as the gatekeeper for multiple senior level executives with proper attention to protocol, demeanor, deference, and decorum.
Essential Job Duties
The duties of the Administrative Assistant include:
- Interfaces with all areas of the company, including executives, managers/directors, and their teams.
- Receives and screens communications, including telephone calls and email messages, and provides assistance using independent judgment to determine the communications requiring priority attention.
- Handles correspondence for the Executive Director of the EPIC Program, Chief Government, Military & Community Relations Officer, Chief Athletics Director and support the Special Assistant to the President.
- Maintains appointment schedules and arranges the use of conference rooms and outside facilities.
- Maintains daily calendars, schedules meetings and appointments between executives and clients and other employees.
- Interact with visitors, Board of Trustee members, and Jacksonville University personnel as appropriate.
- Event planning and assists with public relations and community relations activities including outreach and sponsorships.
- Tracks metrics and communication history to provide current status on projects.
- Coordinate office activities and schedules. Proactively preparing meeting requirements in advance including agenda, data, calendar coordination, and equipment set-up.
- May facilitate meetings, plan & implement projects.
- Interfaces with technology and facilities for technical issues, ordering of new equipment and furniture, etc.
- Process payment invoices, researches invoice discrepancies and resolves accounting issues.
- Prepares check requests, allocate and process credit card statements, and expense reports.
- Review, track and prepare budgets; maintain records and databases.
- Often assists with fiscal and human resources matters.
- Other duties assigned
- Candidates should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, pay close attention to detail, and be proficient with basic computer programs such as Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong interpersonal skills consistently demonstrates a positive, cheerful and pleasant demeanor.
- Strong commitment to team environment dynamics, organizational skills, and maturity to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Must be able to multi-task, be a self-starter with good initiative and use good judgment.
- Work is primarily indoor, but requires the incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus.
- Standard office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday with occasional evening or Saturday events.
- Some minimal travel may be needed in working with community organizations.
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and scientific equipment
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Bachelor Degree and related experience
Professional experience strongly preferred.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com.