This position is no longer available.
Communication Sciences & Disorders/School of Applied Health Sciences/ Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences (BRCHS)
This position assists the program director of the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders and the Dean of BRCHS. It requires the incumbent assume responsibility for a variety of administrative and clerical tasks some of which require confidentiality of material. This position works in collaboration with other administrative personnel in the BRCHS.
Essential Job Duties
- Assists in planning and implementing student activities such as candidate interviews, new student orientation, and exit interviews
- Assists with the aggregating of data and the creation of program reports
- Manages meeting minutes as requested by director
- Assists with semester scheduling as necessary
- Works with Director on budget and marketing for CSD program
- Works with search committee on scheduling faculty/staff candidate interviews
- Assists with any grant related activities for CSD and/or college as necessary
- Facilitates/coordinates conferences and special programs as needed
- Assists clinical coordinator with data management and verification of licensure/certification for clinical instructors.
- Manages incentive distribution for clinical instructors
- Other duties as deemed necessary
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Understanding of and commitment to the use of technology.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work
- Ability to work autonomously and be self-directed
- Effective time management skills
- Primarily indoors except when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus
- Some off-campus travel may be required
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Work Experience
- Experience working in a diverse environment
- Preferred: experience working in a university environment.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Qualified and interested applicants should submit letter of interest emphasizing experience and potential, a curriculum vitae, Jacksonville University faculty application and background check authorization, three letters of reference and unofficial transcripts via email to: email@example.com