- Office of Human Resources
- Announcements and Dates
- Employee Benefits
- Employment Opportunities
- Faculty & Staff Resources
- Forms & Documents
- Employee Health and Wellness
- Training and Development
- Employees Only
- Meet Your Staff
Tenure-Track Assistant Professor
This position is no longer available.
Department of Mathematics
The Department of Mathematics invites applications for a full-time tenure-track position at the assistant professor level starting in August 2018.
All specialties will be considered, but special consideration may be given to applicants with expertise in applied mathematics or data science who are interested in inter-disciplinary teaching and scholarship.
The department is committed to excellence in teaching, classroom use of technology, and small class size. The teaching load is 24 credits per academic year. On-line or evening teaching may be required.
Jacksonville University supports the principle of diversity and encourages applications from individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. It is Jacksonville University's practice to provide equal employment opportunities for all.
- The ability to teach a broad range of lower-level and upper-level courses is desired. Jacksonville University offers BA, BS, and MA degrees in mathematics.
- Primarily indoors except when traveling between campus buildings
- Some off-campus travel may be required
- Work is performed under minimum supervision and requires incumbent to exercise independence and discretion
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and scientific equipment
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- A PhD in mathematics (completed by August 15, 2018) is required.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Please submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, teaching statement, research statement, transcripts, JU faculty application, and three letters of recommendation through MathJobs.org or to the Chair of the Mathematics Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org . For full consideration, all application materials must be received no later than November 20, 2017. Please mention in your letter if you will be attending the 2018 Joint Meetings in San Diego.