This position is no longer available.
Resource Professor of Accounting and Finance
Davis College of Business
The preferred faculty qualifications are a Ph.D. or DBA in Accounting or Finance or an appropriately related discipline at the time of appointment. The minimum qualifications for this position is a MBA in Accounting or Finance with 18 credit hours in graduate course work in Accounting or Finance. The ideal candidate would have 18 hours of graduate course work in both Accounting and Finance. The faculty should exhibit a commitment to and provide evidence of teaching excellence and have demonstrated potential for scholarly activity. The faculty will teach Accounting and/or Finance courses in both the undergraduate and MBA program consistent with her/his expertise and industry experience. The faculty should demonstrate teaching excellence with peer institutions and provide exceptional administrative references, student evaluations, and other third-party evidence of classroom success. The successful candidate should possess the ability to foster positive partnership on campus and in the business community.
Essential Job Duties
- Teaching lower and upper division courses as well as graduate level courses.
- Developing effective courses, benchmarking the best teaching practices of accounting in higher education.
- Demonstrating capabilities to engage students and participate in an outcomes-based educational environment.
- Classroom instruction – Eight class teaching load spread over 12 months.
- Willingness to mentor students, and enable their career goals through introduction and referrals to firms, government or local nonprofit organizations.
- Completion of teaching evaluations – Fall and Spring
- Updated Syllabus per class per term.
- May attend monthly Davis College of Business faculty meetings.
- May attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Duties as assigned by the Dean of the College of Business or the Chair of Accounting, Finance, and Economics.
- Minimum Education Requirement: MBA in Accounting or Finance with 18 credit hours of graduate coursework in Accounting and/or Finance.
- Minimum Work Experience: Five or more years of experience in field of Finance or Accounting.
- Research focus must demonstrate knowledge and expertise in areas such as accounting or finance.
- Passionate about teaching, preferably evidenced by good student evaluations; must be able to demonstrate teaching capabilities.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with colleagues is essential.
- D. or DBA in Accounting or Finance or related field.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in professional or academic areas are desirable.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Faculty application, CV and letter of interest can be sent to Dcobsearch@ju.edu attention DCOB Search Committee.