This position is no longer available.
Instructor of Kinesiology
- The Department of Kinesiology is pleased to announce the search for an Instructor of Kinesiology in the broad area of sport rehabilitative medicine. This is a 12-month, non-tenure track full time lecturer position. The Department is seeking a faculty member with expertise in athletic training, strength and conditioning, and/or physical therapy rehabilitative practices. Ideally, the candidate has: 1) a MS in Kinesiology (PhD preferred), 2) degrees, certification, and licensure in Athletic Training and/or strength and conditioning, 3) experience working/teaching in the Kinesiology field at the undergraduate and/or graduate levels, and 4) practical and/or clinical experience in rehabilitative practice.
Essential Job Duties
- Develop and teach courses in the Kinesiology undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Functional Anatomy and Kinesiology
- Prevention and Care of Athletic Injuries
- Adaptive Human Movement Strategies
- Rehabilitative Science Teaching Labs at both the undergraduate and graduate level
- Establish and supervise clinically focused internships
- Advise and supervise undergraduate and graduate theses
- Athletic Training and/or Physical Therapy rehabilitative practice considered valuable
- Strength and conditioning certification and experience with collegiate level athletes required
- Primarily indoors except when traveling between campus buildings
- Work is performed under minimum supervision and requires incumbent to exercise independence and discretion
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and scientific equipment
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- MS in Kinesiology (or related field)
Minimum Work Experience
- Practical experience in rehabilitation settings and/or strength and conditioning
- Academic teaching experience in Kinesiology (or related field)
- PhD in Kinesiology (or related field)
- Degrees, certifications, and licensure in Athletic Training and strength and conditioning
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
I acknowledge receipt and understanding of this job description. I verify that I am capable of and willing to fulfill all essential functions of this position. I am willing to be flexible and willing to do various jobs that are not listed, as the need arises.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest emphasizing experience and potential, a CV, JU faculty application, background check authorization, three letters of reference, and unofficial or official transcripts via electronic email.