Director of the Zimmerman Scholars Program and Instructor of Business Administration (non-tenure track)
Director of the Zimmerman Scholars Program and Instructor of Business Administration (non tenure track)
Davis College of Business
The Davis College of Business at Jacksonville University invites applications for the position of Director of the Zimmerman Scholars Leadership Development Program. This position is a 9-month position at the rank of Instructor, and will start in the Fall of 2022.
The Zimmerman Scholars Program is the premier leadership development program for undergraduate students in the Davis College of Business. The program is designed to prepare top students for leadership positions in major international organizations by assisting students with defining job-related career goals and providing ready access to the personal development necessary to achieve success. Students are chosen for the program following a rigorous application process that includes members of the College Advisory Board. Program content is provided in the form of courses and cocurricular activities for students at the Freshmen/Sophomore and Junior/Senior levels. More information on the program can be found at: https://www.ju.edu/dcob/students/zimmerman-scholars.php.
Essential Job Duties
The Director of Zimmerman Scholars Program is responsible for full time leadership of the program, which includes a broad range of developmental and promotional activities such as:
- Assisting in individualized development and mentoring for all students in the program based on the unique needs of each student.
- Designing and teaching the leadership development curriculum for Freshmen/Sophomores and Junior/Seniors (2 courses each semester).
- Coordinating and administering the program for the students including project work, developmental reading and review, mentoring with external executives and organizations, budgeting, and organizing career trek travel experiences.
- Managing service learning and community/campus experiences; supporting the activities of the university administration on campus and community outreach programs.
- Soliciting, planning, and overseeing internships in either domestic or international organizations for all program members, as required by the program.
- Marketing and promotion of the program. This includes both internal and external efforts related to recruiting and selection of students.
The Director will be a faculty member in the Davis College of Business. The teaching requirements will typically include 12 contact hours per semester, six (6) of which include the Zimmerman Scholars curriculum, and may include face-toface, online, or hybrid delivery. Some recruiting and selection activities may occur during the summer.
- Work is primarily indoors but requires incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when travelling between campus buildings or engaging in relevant outreach activities.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment or supplies weighing up to 30 pounds
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person or by phone.
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Master’s degree in Business from an AACSB accredited program or related field of study
Minimum Work Experience
- Candidates should have the expertise and experience, current and significant in duration and level of responsibility, qualifying them to teach business topics and coach students to be successful in business.
- The successful candidate will be required to meet accreditation standards and participate
- Applicants must have abilities, skills and enthusiasm consistent with teaching excellence and instructional innovation.
- Evidence of effective teaching or training experience
- Candidates must have the ability to interact effectively with colleagues in the department, college,
- Campus, community, and professional organizations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required in addition to project management and leadership of the program.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Named an “America’s Best College” in the south for more than 10 consecutive years by U.S. News & World Report, Jacksonville University is a premier private institution in northeast Florida. Founded in 1934, JU offers more than 100 majors, minors, and programs with over 2,000 undergraduate students and 1,000 graduate students. Jacksonville University is located in a beautiful riverfront setting in suburban Jacksonville, across the St. Johns River from downtown and just minutes from the Atlantic Ocean. Accredited by AACSB International, the Davis College of Business offers 12 undergraduate programs and a variety of graduate degrees, including the Doctorate of Business Administration.
Additional information about the College and the University and its programs can be obtained by accessing the university’s web site ( www.ju.edu ).
Jacksonville University is an equal opportunity affirmative action institution. The University is committed to providing equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons regardless of economic situation or social status. Jacksonville University does not discriminate in any of its policies, programs, or activities on the basis of race, age, culture, nationality, socioeconomic status, gender, religious belief, sexual orientation, physical disability and ideology. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, all genders and sexual orientations, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
The review of applications will continue until filled. Interested candidates should submit: an application, cover letter, curriculum vitae, copy of graduate transcripts, recent teaching evaluations (if applicable), and names and contact information for at least three (3) professional references to the DCOB Search Committee at email@example.com.