Clinical Assistant Professor of Orthodontics
Clinical Assistant Professor of Orthodontics/Non-Tenure Track
School of Orthodontics
Jacksonville University's, Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences, School of Orthodontics seeks a Clinical Assistant Professor for a full-time, non-tenure-track position. The Advanced Graduate Studies Program focuses on Orthodontic knowledge based education as well as evidence based patient care and research. The School of Orthodontics is housed within Jacksonville University’s Health Sciences Complex facility and possesses a technologically advanced clinic with access to 3D Imaging. In addition, the program has access to a large pool of patients with diverse eeds and backgrounds and holds a regular multidisciplinary collaboration with the Craniofacial Center and the Maxillofacial Surgery Division of UF Health.
This is a full-time position with a focus on clinical orthodontic education. Jacksonville University,
School of Orthodontics promotes the translation of evidenced-based knowledge into clinical
Essential Job Duties
This appointment at the Jacksonville University, School of Orthodontics requires the
candidate to engage in the following activities:
- Supervise patient care with residents and engage in clinical teaching.
- Participate in daily diagnostic and clinical progress seminars.
- Organize and manage clinical processes to facilitate an efficient practice environment.
- Course instruction.
- Engage in independent research and submit for peer review publications.
- Advise a number of students' research projects annually and supervise completion of
as assigned by the program director.
- Primarily indoors except when traveling between campus buildings. Work is normally performed in an orthodontic clinic setting and classroom environments.
- Some off-campus travel may be required
- Work is performed under minimum supervision and requires incumbent to exercise independence and discretion
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and scientific equipment, other small business machines, orthodontic care technology and equipment, and to provide orthodontic care.
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
- DDS or DMD from a CODA accredited program or its international equivalent.
- Orthodontic training from a CODA accredited program or its international equivalent.
- Clinical orthodontic practice experience.
- American Board of Orthodontics Certification.
- Florida Dental Licensure or License to practice dentistry from another state.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
To apply submit the following: Letter of interest, Curriculum Vitae, Three current
written letters of recommendation, the Jacksonville University Faculty Application Jacksonville University
Background Authorization Form and the Required Screening Question to Dr. Grant Vezina, Clinical Director of Orthodontics at email@example.com