Clinical Director & Instructor of Clinical Mental Health Counseling
This position is no longer available.
Clinical Director/Clinical Instructor
Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Palm Coast
Full Time/Exemptn (Non-Tenure Track)
- 12-month,non-tenure accruing, full-time clinical faculty position in the clinical mental health counseling program at the Palm Coast campus.
- Teaching load of 21-credit hours per year of clinical and content courses
Essential Job Duties
Leads coordination of Practicum and Internship experiences including:
- Leads partnership development with current and potential training sites including outreach to community agencies and development of new affiliations in Palm Coast
- Conducts site visits to all agencies currently working with CMHC students
- Attends networking and training events to increase awareness of JU’s CMHC program and establish new relationships with community partners.
- Meets with students regarding P/I placement and supervision
- Serves as a liaison to State of Florida 491 Board on licensing requirements
- Revises Practicum and Internship Handbooks for students and site supervisors as needed
- Maintains and updates the Clinical Site Directory as needed
- Provides support for individual students with issues related to Tevera and/or field site placement as needed.
- Maintains practicum and internship documentation in Tevera
- Conducts annual student trainings on Tevera, VALT, and other clinical technology
- Oversees annual student background checks
- Organizes annual internship fair
- Coordinates annual site supervisor training
Oversees Program and Student Assessments including:
- Collects and reports needed accreditation assessment data
- Leads student assessments in collaboration with CMHC faculty
- Oversees CPCE/CECE student examination once a year
- Oversees/communicates regarding NCC examination once a year
- Oversees/ communicates regarding NCMHCE examination once a year
- Conducts Program and Clinical Experience Related Surveys
Provides program support in collaboration with Program Director including:
- Coordinates with JU marketing team to update and edit JU CMHC website as needed
- Maintains database on student/alumni records, including clinical site placements, admissions numbers, student attrition data, graduation rates, etc.
- Meets with the Department Chairperson at least once a month.
- Collaborates with other JU BRCHS Clinical Directors and Coordinators to share resources and information, including the CMHC Clinical Director on the Arlington campus
- Teaches one section of Practicum or Internship course per semester
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Computer literate
- Primarily indoors except when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus
- Some off-campus travel required
- Work is performed under minimum supervision and requires incumbent to exercise independence and discretion
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- An earned Master’s degree with an emphasis in Clinical Mental Health Counseling and/or Marriage and Family Therapy, from a CACREP-accredited program.
- Licensed or license eligible as a mental health counselor and/or marriage and family therapist in the State of Florida.
- Demonstrated expertise in mental health counseling and/or marriage and family therapy.
- Registered/or ability to register with the State of Florida as an approved Qualified Supervisor
- A commitment to student clinical development, working in a culturally diverse environment, and understanding of the mission of Jacksonville University.
Minimum Work Experience
- 2-5 years of clinical counseling and supervision experience in a community setting
- An earned Doctoral degree with an emphasis in Clinical Mental Health Counseling and/or Marriage and Family Therapy, from a CACREP-accredited program.
- Clinical expertise in the following specialty areas: Mental Health and/or Marriage and Family Therapy
- Preference will be given to applicants with: Prior experience as a practicing counselor or marriage and family therapist or prior experience as a Clinical Director in a Clinical Mental Health Counseling program.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
All Jacksonville University employees who work on campus must be vaccinated for COVID-19. Documentation will be requested during onboarding. Our full vaccination policy is available online.
Interested applicants, send all application materials to Whitney George, Chair email@example.com.