Clinical Director & Instructor of Clinical Mental Health Counseling
This position is no longer available.
Clinical Director/Clinical Instructor
Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Palm Coast
Full Time/Exemptn (Non-Tenure Track)
- 12-month,non-tenure accruing, full-time clinical faculty position in the clinical mental health counseling program at the Palm Coast campus.
- Teaching load of 21-credit hours per year of clinical and content courses
Essential Job Duties
Leads coordination of Practicum and Internship experiences including:
- Leads partnership development with current and potential training sites including outreach to community agencies and development of new affiliations in Palm Coast
- Conducts site visits to all agencies currently working with CMHC students
- Attends networking and training events to increase awareness of JU’s CMHC program and establish new relationships with community partners.
- Meets with students regarding P/I placement and supervision
- Serves as a liaison to State of Florida 491 Board on licensing requirements
- Revises Practicum and Internship Handbooks for students and site supervisors as needed
- Maintains and updates the Clinical Site Directory as needed
- Provides support for individual students with issues related to Tevera and/or field site placement as needed.
- Maintains practicum and internship documentation in Tevera
- Conducts annual student trainings on Tevera, VALT, and other clinical technology
- Oversees annual student background checks
- Organizes annual internship fair
- Coordinates annual site supervisor training
Oversees Program and Student Assessments including:
- Collects and reports needed accreditation assessment data
- Leads student assessments in collaboration with CMHC faculty
- Oversees CPCE/CECE student examination once a year
- Oversees/communicates regarding NCC examination once a year
- Oversees/ communicates regarding NCMHCE examination once a year
- Conducts Program and Clinical Experience Related Surveys
Provides program support in collaboration with Program Director including:
- Coordinates with JU marketing team to update and edit JU CMHC website as needed
- Maintains database on student/alumni records, including clinical site placements, admissions numbers, student attrition data, graduation rates, etc.
- Meets with the Department Chairperson at least once a month.
- Collaborates with other JU BRCHS Clinical Directors and Coordinators to share resources and information, including the CMHC Clinical Director on the Arlington campus
- Teaches one section of Practicum or Internship course per semester
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Computer literate
- Primarily indoors except when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus
- Some off-campus travel required
- Work is performed under minimum supervision and requires incumbent to exercise independence and discretion
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- An earned Master’s degree with an emphasis in Clinical Mental Health Counseling and/or Marriage and Family Therapy, from a CACREP-accredited program.
- Licensed or license eligible as a mental health counselor and/or marriage and family therapist in the State of Florida.
- Demonstrated expertise in mental health counseling and/or marriage and family therapy.
- Registered/or ability to register with the State of Florida as an approved Qualified Supervisor
- A commitment to student clinical development, working in a culturally diverse environment, and understanding of the mission of Jacksonville University.
Minimum Work Experience
- 2-5 years of clinical counseling and supervision experience in a community setting
- An earned Doctoral degree with an emphasis in Clinical Mental Health Counseling and/or Marriage and Family Therapy, from a CACREP-accredited program.
- Clinical expertise in the following specialty areas: Mental Health and/or Marriage and Family Therapy
- Preference will be given to applicants with: Prior experience as a practicing counselor or marriage and family therapist or prior experience as a Clinical Director in a Clinical Mental Health Counseling program.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Interested applicants, send all application materials to Whitney George, Chair email@example.com.