- Office of Human Resources
- Announcements and Dates
- Employee Benefits
- Employment Opportunities
- Faculty & Staff Resources
- Forms & Documents
- Employee Health and Wellness
- Training and Development
- Employees Only
- Meet Your Staff
Clinical Assistant Professor of Nursing and Nurse Practitioner Coordinator
This position is no longer available.
Clinical Assistant Professor of Nursing and Nurse Practitioner Coordinator (KSON)
Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences (BRCHS)/KSON
The Nurse Practitioner Coordinator is an appointed full- time faculty position in the Keigwin School of Nursing (KSON) with administrative release time (50%) to fulfill the responsibilities for coordinating the nurse practitioner programs, including community outreach with regional universities and healthcare practices. KSON faculty will serve as the point of contact for the Coordinator for issues involving NP programs including accreditation and professional standards. The NP coordinator assures effective operation of the NP program concentrations. The coordinator reports to the Graduate Nursing Director, Associate Dean of the Keigwin School of Nursing, and the Dean of the Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences (BRCHS).
Essential Job Duties
- Works with NP faculty to ensure curriculum meets program outcomes, including certification requirements for concentrations offered.
- Plans the overall calendar of NP courses, including class scheduling, coordinating faculty teaching assignments, and is involved in the interviewing, hiring and evaluation of full-time and adjunct faculty teaching in the NP programs.
- Compiles metrics/analytics for student completion, attrition, employment, graduation rates, and completion of program assessment outcomes.
- Maintains oversight of professional nursing behaviors and actions of NP students.
- Develops NP related policies, protocols and procedures.
- Coordinates the NP clinical schedules, including practicum.
- Coordinates regular assessment of NP students and preceptors.
- Coordinates activities with NP Consortium.
- Addresses NP student academic, clinical and discipline issues.
- Completes an end of year report on NP concentrations for the Graduate Nursing Director and Associate Dean for Nursing.
- Attends orientation and exit interviews for NP concentrations.
- Identifies avenues for growth in NP concentrations including potential new concentrations.
- Teaches courses in undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Participates in nursing committees related to NP concentrations; specifically graduate committee.
- Participates in CCNE accreditation and NP specific compliance requirements.
- Participates in commencement activities for nursing students.
- Works collaboratively with the NP external nurse coordinator, Graduate Clinical Practicum coordinator and Assistant Director of Enrollment and Advising for Graduate nursing programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Strong collaborator with dedication to team building
- Primarily indoors except when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus
- Standard office hours with occasional evening hours to support BRCHS or University events
- Off-campus travel is required
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Holds certification as Nurse Practitioner.
- Experience in a University environment
- Knowledge of nursing profession and educational requirements
- Licensed to practice nursing in the state of Florida and/or eligible to obtain licensure
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
I acknowledge receipt and understanding of this job description. I verify that I am capable of and willing to fulfill all essential functions of this position. I am willing to be flexible and willing to do various jobs that are not listed, as the need arises.
Qualified and interested applicants should submit letter of interest emphasizing experience and potential, a curriculum vitae, Jacksonville University faculty application and background check authorization, three letters of reference and unofficial transcripts via email to: NPCsearch@ju.edu.