Clinical Assistant Professor of Nursing
Nursing Faculty and STAR and SKILL lab Faculty
Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences
Jacksonville University invites applicants for a faculty position in the Keigwin School of Nursing. This is a clinical track, full time, 12-month position. The expected start date is January 15, 2022. Particular expertise in medical surgical nursing is required. This position is half-time classroom with assignments in foundations, re-entry and synthesis courses and half-time STAR and SKILLS lab.
Faculty assigned to the STAR and Skills Lab work in a collaborative interdisciplinary team-based environment within the Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences to oversee the use of the ST AR Center and KSON Skills Lab by undergraduate nursing students and deliver high level teaching and learning experiences for undergraduate students. Participates in interdisciplinary teaching experiences, operation of human patient simulators (HPS) and Standardized Patient's for Jacksonville University Keigwin School of Nursing programs.
Essential Job Duties
- Teaching will include graduate and undergraduate students in ground-based, online, and hybrid models. Teaching also extends into the skills lab environment and clinical site visits.
- Primary areas of instruction include pathophysiology and advanced practice nursing.
- Scholarship to include clinical practice, attendance at professional meetings and chairing of UG research and/or doctoral projects.
- University service to include committee membership, special projects, community activities,
attendance, and support for university events.
- Collaborate, revise, and deliver simulation learning experiences for graduate and undergraduate nursing students.
- Integrate and teach EB practice, QSEN, current medical errors, practice, and safety mandates into simulation practice scenarios in the lab setting.
- Collaborate and coordinate faculty to promote and infuse simulation throughout curriculum.
- Evaluate students' learning and skill acquisition and integrate guided reflection into post-simulation debriefmgs.
- Facilitate and implement teaching scenario/learning situations of nursing skills, simulations, and debriefing sessions.
- Serve on Keigwin School of Nursing Undergraduate committee.
- Facilitate available resources for students with study skills, priority setting, and test taking skills, including NCLEX-RN test taking strategies and time/stress management.
- Remain current with developments in the field of simulation technology and learning theory.
- Participate in professional development and attend professional meetings.
- Attend regularly scheduled JU Keigwin School of Nursing general faculty meetings and activities.
- Participate in recruitment and public relation activities of the Keigwin School of Nursing.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Primarily indoors except when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus
- Work is performed under minimum supervision and requires incumbent to exercise independence and discretion
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
- Able to lift and tum objects up to 90 lbs. without physical restrictions.
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- MSN in Nursing
Minimum Work Experience & Preferred Qualifications
- Unencumbered Florida RN license
- Instruct, professionally communicate, and demonstrate nursing skills techniques to nursing students.
- Self-directed, have computer proficiency that includes the knowledge necessary to develop case scenarios and simulations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to evaluate nursing students in the teaching/learning lab environment.
- Knowledge of effective teaching techniques and curriculum development.
- Skill in facilitating development of student problem solving skills.
- Ability to design effective learning activities for students.
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty and staff.
- Role model professionalism and maintain professional skills lab environment for students.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Qualified and interested applicants should submit letter of interest emphasizing experience
and potential, a
curriculum vitae, Jacksonville University faculty application, via email to: email@example.com.