Clinical Assistant Professor of Nursing
This position is no longer available.
Clinical Assistant Professor of Nursing, Keigwin School of Nursing (KSON)
Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences (BRCHS)
Jacksonville University seeks engaged, innovative, visionary leaders to apply for the position of Clinical Assistant Professor of Nursing, located in the Keigwin School of Nursing (KSON), Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences (BRCHS). This is a 12-month non-tenure track position targeted to start May, 2020 (negotiable).
The Jacksonville University Keigwin School of Nursing values diverse student backgrounds and experiences and emphasizes the importance of a liberal arts foundation, scholarly inquiry, engaged learning opportunities and clinical application in the professional socialization and development of nursing students.
Essential Job Duties
- Successful applicants will have strong written and interpersonal communication skills, work collaboratively and effectively with students and staff in support of Jacksonville University mission and goals.
- Teaching responsibilities would be in the undergraduate nursing program.
- The ideal candidate will function as a resource person to assist and evaluate students in achieving individual and group objectives within the classroom and clinical settings (psychiatric-mental health and community).
- This position will work with other faculty in support of curricular improvement as appropriate to promote students' success and mastery of course and program competencies.
- The person in this position will plan, organize, and assume didactic and clinical instruction and will also participate in the undergraduate committee, academic advising, and university service.
- Some evening or weekend hours may be required when teaching clinical courses.
- Maintaining course and clinical standards set forth in the Academic Catalog, KSON handbook, and accreditation requirements
- Maintaining professional practice knowledge base needed to instruct learners in contemporary nursing practice
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- A master’s degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution.
Minimum Work Experience
- Applicants must hold current licensure as a Registered Nurse with at least three years of nursing experience.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants should submit:
- Cover Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- JU Faculty Application
- Background Authorization Form
- Unofficial Transcripts (official transcripts will be needed if hired)
- contact information for three references directed to:
Keigwin School of Nursing Undergraduate Search Committee
Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences, Jacksonville University
2800 University Blvd North
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Please submit materials electronically to:
Subject: Undergraduate Professor
References will not be contacted without prior notification to candidates.