Clinical Assistant Professor, CSD
Clinical Assistant Professor, Communication Sciences and Disorders
Communication Sciences and Disorders, Speech and Language Pathology Satellite Program
The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders in the Brooks Rehabilitation College of Health Sciences at Jacksonville University invites applications for a full-time, twelve-month, non-tenure-accruing position for a Clinical Assistant Professor in Communication Sciences and Disorders at our satellite campus in Palm Coast. The Department is seeking faculty members with expertise in supervision and clinical management.
Essential Job Duties
- Develop and teach practicum courses for graduate speech-language pathology cohort
- Procure affiliation agreements for program
- Secure clinical placements for students in satellite cohort
- Works closely with clinical coordinator of main campus program to ensure consistency of clinical content
- Serve as site coordinator for clinical program
- Provide service in the area of communication sciences and disorders
- Primarily indoors
- Some off-campus travel may be required
- Work is performed under minimum supervision and requires the incumbent to exercise independence and discretion
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- MS/MA in Speech-Language Pathology with 10+ years clinical experience
- Speech Language Pathology certification required.
- Evidence of continuing education coursework in supervision
Minimum Work Experience
- Prior teaching experience at undergraduate or graduate level
- Must have supervised clinical externs or practicum students, preferably within last 5 years
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
All Jacksonville University employees who work on campus must be vaccinated for COVID-19. Documentation will be requested during onboarding. Our full vaccination policy is available online.
Interested applicants should submit letter of interest emphasizing experience and potential, a curriculum vitae, JU faculty application, background check authorization, three letters of reference, and transcripts, via electronic email:
Barbara McClelland at firstname.lastname@example.org