- Office of Human Resources
- Announcements and Dates
- Employee Benefits
- Employment Opportunities
- Faculty & Staff Resources
- Forms & Documents
- Employee Health and Wellness
- Training and Development
- Employees Only
- Meet Your Staff
Associate or Full Professor and Chair of Department of Engineering
Associate or full professor and Chair of Department of Engineering
Jacksonville University (JU) invites applications and nominations for the position of associate or full professor of mechanical engineering and the Chair of the Department of Engineering. The teaching load for this position is approximately 9 credits per semester. Strong commitment to undergraduate teaching and expertise in fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, or closely related areas is desired. The Chair will be in charge of both the mechanical engineering program and the electrical engineering program with direct reporting responsibilities to the Chair of the Division of Science and Mathematics.
Essential Job Duties
The Chair must be committed to leading the Department in strategic planning which promotes program assessment, demonstrate successful experience in negotiating ABET accreditation, and demonstrate the ability to substantially expand external funding. The ideal candidate will possess and provide evidence of the following in his/her application:
- A strong record of scholarship and commitment to excellence in teaching, research, and service;
- A record of leadership, integrity, and strong interpersonal communication;
- An appreciation of the interrelationships between the programs offered by the Department of Engineering and a commitment to their mutual advancement;
- A demonstrated national presence in his/her discipline;
- A demonstrated ability to develop, grow, or advance academic programs;
- Administrative, managerial, or leadership experience working effectively in collaboration with a diverse faculty, administrators, and/or staff within a university and the engineering advisory board member, industry, alumni, and donors.
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Candidates for this position must have an earned doctorate (PhD.) in a mechanical engineering discipline.
Review of applications begins October 14, 2017 and the position is open until filled. The anticipated start date is May 2018. Required application materials are: (1) a cover letter stating your interest in this position, (2) a CV, (3) a statement regarding administrative accomplishments and leadership style appropriate in a small private university, and (4) three reference letters (that includes the referee’s name, telephone number and email address) who are able to comment on both academic qualification and administrative/management capabilities. To receive full consideration, please submit your application by November 20, 2017.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org