- Office of Human Resources
- Announcements and Dates
- Employee Benefits
- Employment Opportunities
- Faculty & Staff Resources
- Forms & Documents
- Employee Health and Wellness
- Training and Development
- Employees Only
- Meet Your Staff
Assistant Professor of Education
Assistant Professor of TESOL/Reading Education
The School of Education at Jacksonville University seeks applicants for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position in TESOL/Reading Education at the assistant professor level to start in August 2018.
Essential Job Duties
- Duties would include teaching in our English Language Program as well as in our 5-year state approved teacher preparation program.
- Online or evening teaching may be required.
- The successful candidate must have outstanding written and oral communication skills, and must demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching, research, and service
- Primarily indoors except when traveling between campus buildings
- Some off-campus travel may be required
- Work is performed under minimum supervision and requires incumbent to exercise independence and discretion
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and scientific equipment
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- A terminal degree in the field of education is required.
Minimum Work Experience
- 18 graduate hours in the developmental processes of early, emergent and adolescent reading/literacy; 18 graduate hours in teaching second language acquisition; valid Florida teaching certificate in elementary education; elementary and university teaching experience.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org a cover letter stating your interest in this position, curriculum vitae, teaching statement, research statement, transcripts, JU faculty application, and three reference letters that include the referee’s name, telephone number and email address and that comment on both academic qualifications and administrative/management experience.