Assistant Professor, Communication Sciences and Disorders - Dysphagia, Voice Disorders, and Fluency
Assistant Professor, Communication Sciences and Disorders
Communication Sciences and Disorders, Speech and Language Pathology Satellite Program
The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders in the Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences at Jacksonville University invites applications for a full-time, twelve-month, tenure-accruing position for an Assistant Professor in communication sciences and disorders at our satellite program in Palm Coast. The Department is seeking faculty members with expertise in the areas of dysphagia, voice disorders, and fluency.
Essential Job Duties
- Develop and teach courses in the area of communication sciences and disorders
- Provide service in the area of expertise
- Develop a research portfolio in the area of expertise
- Primarily indoors
- Some off-campus travel may be required
- Work is performed under minimum supervision and requires the incumbent to exercise independence and discretion
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Ph.D. in Communication Sciences and Disorders or related field required.
- Speech-Language Pathology certification considered highly desirable.
Minimum Work Experience
- Documented scholarship in the area of expertise
- Prior teaching experience at the university level
- Clinical experience is preferred
- Telehealth experience desirable
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Interested applications should submit a letter of interest emphasizing experience and potential, a curriculum vitae, JU faculty application, three letters of reference, and transcripts, via electronic email to Barbara McClelland at email@example.com.