Assistant Professor, Communication Sciences & Disorders (Adult Speech)
This position is no longer available.
Assistant Professor, Communication Sciences and Disorders
Communication Sciences and Disorders, Speech and Language Pathology Satellite Program
The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders in the Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences at Jacksonville University invites applications for a full-time, twelve-month, tenure-accruing position for an Assistant Professor in communication sciences and disorders at our satellite campus in Palm Coast. The Department is seeking faculty members with expertise in the areas of adult speech-language disorders including Aphasia, Motor Speech Disorders, and Cognitive Disorders.
Essential Job Duties
- Develop and teach courses in the area of communication sciences and disorders
- Provide service in the faculty member’s area of expertise
- Develop a research portfolio in the faculty member’s area of expertise
- Primarily indoors
- Some off-campus travel may be required
- Work is performed under minimum supervision and requires the incumbent to exercise Independence and discretion
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone.
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Ph.D. in Communication Sciences and Disorders or related field required.
- Speech Language Pathology certification considered highly desirable.
Minimum Work Experience
- Documented teaching experience at the university level
- Documented scholarship in the area of expertise
- Prior clinical experience preferred
- Telehealth experience desired
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Interested applicants should submit letter of interest emphasizing experience and potential, a curriculum vitae, JU faculty application, background check authorization, three letters of reference, and transcripts, via electronic email:
Barbara McClelland at firstname.lastname@example.org