Assistant Professor, Communication Sciences and Disorders
Communication Sciences and Disorders, Speech and Language Pathology Program
The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders in the Brooks Rehabilitation College of Health Sciences at Jacksonville University invites applications for a full-time, twelve-month, tenure-accruing position for an Assistant Professor in communication sciences and disorders. The Department is seeking faculty members with expertise in the areas of dysphagia, voice disorders or phonological disorders.
Essential Job Duties
- Develop and teach courses in the area of expertise
- Develop research portfolio in the area of communication sciences and disorders
- Provide service in the area of communication sciences and disorders
- Work to develop new community partnerships
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- D. in Communication Sciences and Disorders or related field required
- Speech Language Pathology certification considered highly desirable.
Minimum Work Experience
- Current academic teaching
- Evidence of research activity (publications, presentations, grant applications/funding)
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
I acknowledge receipt and understanding of this job description. I verify that I am capable of and willing to fulfill all essential functions of this position. I am willing to be flexible and willing to do various jobs that are not listed, as the need arises.
Interested applications should submit letter of interest emphasizing experience and potential, a curriculum vitae, JU faculty application, background check authorization, three letters of reference, and transcripts, via electronic email: