Assistant/Associate Professor of Nursing Keigwin School of Nursing
This position is no longer available.
Assistant/Associate Professor of Nursing
Keigwin School of Nursing, Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences
Jacksonville University, ranked as a Best Regional University by U.S. News & World Report, invites applicants for a faculty position in the Keigwin School of Nursing. This is a non-tenure track, full time, 12-month position. The expected start date is August 1, 2019. Applicants will teach primarily in the graduate program. A key focus of this position includes developing, coordinating and teaching simulation activities to nurse practitioner students. Particular expertise and licensure as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse required. Recent clinical nurse practitioner experience preferred. Experience in simulation preferred.
Nursing faculty develop, revise and teach curriculum (including clinical instruction), serve on department, college or university committees, are assigned special projects, perform university service, chair student projects, and advise students academically. They also participate in nursing scholarship including clinical practice, research/QI projects, presentations and/or publications.
Essential Job Duties
- Teaching may include both graduate and undergraduate students. Formats include ground-based courses, cohort courses, online and hybrid models.
- Scholarship to include clinical practice, research/QI projects, presentations and publications, grant management, attendance at professional meetings, and chairing of UG research and/or doctoral projects.
- University Service to include committee membership, special projects, community activities, mentoring, attendance and support for university events.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Experience working with both low and high fidelity manikins and task trainers preferred.
- Experience developing and teaching simulation scenarios preferred.
- Primarily indoors except when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus
- Some off-campus travel required
- Work is performed under minimum supervision and requires incumbent to exercise independence and discretion
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Doctorate degree including Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP), PhD in Nursing or Doctor of Education (EdD) preferred.
- EdD candidates must also have a Master of Science in Nursing degree.
Minimum Work Experience
- No less than five years in the nursing profession
- National Board Certification as indicated
- Experience in developing and conducting simulation activities
- Academic teaching experience at the Baccalaureate or Graduate level.
- Current Florida APRN license or is eligible to obtain an APRN license in the state of Florida.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Qualified and interested applicants should the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of interest emphasizing experience and potential
- Curriculum vitae
- JU faculty application
- Background authorization form
- Unofficial transcripts (official transcripts will be needed if hired)
- Three letters of reference