- Office of Human Resources
- Announcements and Dates
- Employee Benefits
- Employment Opportunities
- Faculty & Staff Resources
- Forms & Documents
- Employee Health and Wellness
- Training and Development
- Employees Only
- Meet Your Staff
Assistant, Associate or Full Professor of Occupational Therapy
Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor of Occupational Therapy
The Department of Occupational Therapy within the Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences invites applications for one 12-month, Tenure-Track faculty position at the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor rank.
Essential Job Duties
Successful applicants will have strong written and interpersonal communication skills, the ability to maintain an active research/scholarship agenda and teaching proficiency within their area of expertise in support of the entry-level Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD) Program at Jacksonville University. Applicants must be licensed or eligible for licensure as an occupational therapist in the State of Florida, have earned a Doctoral degree (OTD, PhD, EdD or equivalent), with three years clinical experience preferred. Those with expertise in pediatrics or neuro-rehabilitation are especially encouraged to apply. Other responsibilities include advising and mentoring graduate students and contributing to university and community service in alignment with institutional missions. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the candidate.
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and scientific equipment
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Have earned a Doctoral degree (OTD, PhD or equivalent)
Minimum Work Experience
- Applicants must be licensed or eligible for licensure as an occupational therapist in the State of Florida
- The ability to maintain an active research/scholarship agenda and teaching proficiency within their area of expertise
- Three years clinical experience
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants should submit a Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae and contact information for three references directed to: Megan Bewernitz, PhD, OTR/L, Assistant Professor and Search Committee Chair, Department of Occupational Therapy, School of Applied Health Sciences, Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences, Jacksonville University, 2800 University Blvd North. Jacksonville, FL 32211. Please submit electronically to: OTSearch@ju.edu. References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.