This position is no longer available.
Visiting Artist-in-Residence in Voice
College of Fine Arts
Jacksonville University, College of Fine Arts, Division of Music seeks qualified applicants to fill a full-time, Artist-in-Residence position in Voice. Appointment effective August 15, 2018. The Artist-in-Residence position is a non-tenure track appointment with a renewable three year contract. The Voice Department within the Division of Music is diverse and offers five different degrees with various tracks: BM (vocal performance/composition/jazz and commercial music), BFA (Musical Theater), BME, BA (generalist liberal arts degree), and BS (Music Business). We seek a colleague with wide-ranging expertise in the field of vocal studies, including extensive vocal pedagogy, audition preparation/coaching, and performance methodologies.
Essential Job Duties
- Teach a full-time course load assigned by Division Chair comprised of primarily individual applied voice lessons but may include other courses/ensembles as needed and/or directing opportunities.
- Develop syllabi with documented learning objectives and assessment criteria.
- Meet courses as scheduled and maintain regular office hours.
- Participate in recruitment activities and actively recruit students for the program.
- Participate in campus professional activities, which include, but are not limited to development of course curriculums and new instructional approaches, thesis committee memberships, learning outcomes assessment, staff meetings and community outreach.
- Master’s Degree in vocal studies.
- Demonstrated expertise in instruction methods.
- Commitment to the teaching of voice within the context of a Division of Music housed within a liberal arts university.
- The ability to attract and recruit exceptional students.
- Doctorate or post-masters Performer’s Certificate in vocal studies.
- Experience teaching various styles of singing.
- Ability to direct productions and/or ensembles.
- Keyboard competency.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Applications should be sent to Kimberly Beasley at firstname.lastname@example.org