Web Marketing Coordinator
This position is no longer available.
Web Marketing Coordinator
Office of Marketing & Communications
The Web Marketing Coordinator works in partnership with the Web Manager to deliver a high-quality, recognizable, accessible web presence for Jacksonville University. This position will incorporate a combination of digital marketing, content strategy, data analytics implementation and analysis, accessibility, account management, web design and development, and user training. This position reports to the Web Manager, but the individual in this position will be expected to operate with a large degree of autonomy.
Duties & Responsibilities
Essential Job Duties
- Create and implement processes to proactively improve the websites of the University,
- Direct action (visual design, content tweaks, search engine optimization, etc.), and
- Empowerment of agents around campus (training and education)
- Make strategic decisions about design, content strategy, and information architecture based on both best practices on the web and the University strategic goals and brand
- Manage and create web pages to support the strategy of the University
- Our current content management systems are OU Campus (by OmniUpdate) and WordPress; however, the ability to develop outside of a CMS is also important.
- Act as an account representative for some key departments or areas of the institution, serving as their primary point of contact for keeping their digital properties in strong condition
- Create and deliver reports on analytics on a regular basis, including tracking trends and making recommendations based on available data
- Stay informed about University and departmental strategic goals to serve as a secondary contact/representative for digital- and marketing-related committees on campus
- In collaboration with the Web Manager, write, test, and implement policies and procedures for the improvement of the University’s digital marketing and communications in the future
- As needed, serve as primary contact in vendor relationships to oversee implementation of new tools and services
Possible Job Duties
As a member of a small team, we look for areas of overlap where individuals can play a supporting role in an emergency or during key events. You are not expected to possess the skills to take on all of these responsibilities; however, the ideal candidate could serve as a backup in at least one or two areas.
- Copy writing and editing, especially for the web
- PPC marketing
- WordPress administration
- Web host management
- Graphic design for web and/or print
- Google Analytics/Tag Manager implementation
Prerequisites Required for Position
Professional Skills and Experience
- Two years of experience or demonstrated equivalency working in digital marketing,
ideally for a higher education institution.
- At least an AA degree preferred
- Ability to write and edit basic web copy, such as for part of a user interface
- Strong writing and editing skills a plus
- Knowledge of AP style is helpful, but not required
- Strong attention to detail and ability to ensure consistency in design, code, content, and user experience
- Skilled in customer service with end-users at all levels of proficiency
- Strong communications skills, including the ability to communicate professionally through both verbal and written means
- Excellent organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines with little supervision
- Experience and comfort training users at all levels of proficiency
- Ability to problem-solve and learn new things through research, professional development, and trial and error
- Willingness and ability to work occasional evenings or weekends
Technical Skills and Experience
- Data collection and analysis skills, including strong knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Knowledge of and experience improving search engine optimization
- Familiarity with content management systems
- Knowledge of WordPress preferred
- Knowledge of OUCampus by OmniUpdate a plus
- Interest in and willingness to learn basic front-end web code required
- Comfort with and fluency in basic front-end web code preferred
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and jQuery, as well as best practices for writing semantic,
- Familiarity with Bootstrap 3+ preferred
- If your professional experience does not include coding, coursework through tools like Codecademy and Treehouse may be acceptable
- Experience implementing accessibility standards, especially WCAG 2.0, preferred
- Work is primarily indoors, but requires the incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus
- Standard office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Attendance at evening and weekend events is required
- Incumbent will be exposed to frequent noise caused by telephones, office machines, and traffic through open office area
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Submit your cover letter and resume to Amanda Billy at firstname.lastname@example.org.