University Event Scheduler
University Event Scheduler
The office of Strategic Events and Campus Experience
Reporting to the Executive Director of the office of Strategic Events and Campus Experience, the University Event Scheduler serves as the master scheduler of events, facilities, and space for Jacksonville University in support of furthering the University's strategic vision, culture, and initiatives.
The Scheduler will assist students, faculty, and staff in reserving space on campus, ensuring that their special events are successful. They will provide consulting and/or assistance for specific event logistics and strategic initiatives that are deemed critical for University success. The Scheduler will further strategic change by leading with our service-oriented vision.
The Scheduler will collaborate with all other institutional stakeholders necessary to coordinate the implementation of strategic goals, including, our partners in facility management.
The Scheduler will require a high degree of client engagement with excellent facilitation, influence, and strategic consulting skills. The SD must work well in a collaborative team and have exceptional attention to all details—small and large.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to manage a broad scope of projects, coordinate the activities of various groups, and interface with a wide range of people both within and outside the University system.
- Knowledge of and experience in scheduling multiple events
- Organizational skills
- Impeccable time management.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively through verbal and written means.
- Strong team orientation and collaborative style; position requires an inclusive approach to engaging stakeholders across the campus in ways that lead to service-oriented decisions and buy-in.
- Knowledge of scheduling software 25live beneficial
Essential Job Duties
- Event Scheduling
- Demonstrates, promotes, and recognizes University standards for excellent client service, effective use of resources, professional development, personal accountability, and continuous improvement.
- Serves as a liaison with event stakeholders campus-wide on an ongoing basis to coordinate scheduling for all facilities
- Help train and guide other employees on the correct usage of space booking software (25live)
- Maintains event scheduling system to include updating scheduling software (25live) and the University’s building master plan asset inventory (DAI)
- Serves as University point of contact for external organizations booking space at Jacksonville University including generating contracts and coordinating event certificates of insurance.
- Assist in the liaison between parties with regards to all facets of the logistical operations support of University events.
- Maintains the University website calendar of events
- Assist and contribute to the planning, coordination, development, and implementation of long-range department goals and objectives.
- May supervise lower graded staff and/or student employees; may participate in training
and evaluative sessions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Actively participates as an effective member of the team by completing assigned duties, accepting additional assignments or reassignments.
This description is not designed to list all activities, duties, or responsibilities which may be required for this job. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned at any time.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.