University Advancement Operations Coordinator
University Advancement Operations Coordinator
The University Advancement Operations Coordinator at Jacksonville University is responsible for University Advancement process strategy in addition to the operational and reporting effectiveness of the department. The over reaching goal of the University Advancement Operations Coordinator position will be to help build department consensus around policies, reporting, and procedures, enabling University Advancement to attain our fundraising goals efficiently and effectively. This position will serve as the connector for all teams within the department. This position will anticipate the needs of supervisors and department staff to help them stay focused on their fundraising goals and position initiatives by identifying and resolving operational issues before they arise. Working with leadership, the position also contributes to the development and implementation of department strategies, policies, and practices.
Essential Job Duties
Schedule Management & Administrative Duties
- Schedule and coordinate internal and external meetings with staff, volunteers and donors for the Senior Vice President of Strategic Operations.
- Oversee meeting logistics, e.g. location, phone/dial-in information, communication with attendees, room reservations, materials, catering (when needed).
- Serve as the office contact managing all mail, supply orders, messages and emails for University Advancement.
- Input contact reports for the Senior Vice President, as requested.
- Manage materials and reporting for the Senior Vice President, as requested including but not limited to; collecting and distributing agendas/briefings, executing consistency across UA reports, and preparing materials for Board of Trustee and advisory board meetings.
- Manage the University Advancement budget tracking system for the department and select expenses for team members.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
Reporting & Process Effectiveness
- Manage a weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting cadence to foster collaboration, strategic planning and success tracking measures for individual teams and the department.
- Provide timely and accurate reports for leadership on fundraising and engagement projects schedules and success, as needed.
- Report on key metrics regarding project completion and success, and process effectiveness.
- Ensure reports meet internal and external deadlines.
- Manage documentation for department procedures and reporting.
Project Coordination & Department Strategy Oversight
- Oversee and coordinate fundraising and engagement project schedules while fostering inter-departmental collaborations.
- Coordinate planning and status updates or meetings for reporting analysis, process implementation, and project timelines.
- Work with the Chief of Staff of Strategic Operations and Associate Director of Data Integrity & Moves Management to build departmental expertise with Advancement Services while maximizing effectiveness, efficiency, timeliness, accuracy, and ROI.
- Support annual giving campaigns and projects as requested.
- Assist in fundraising functions and attend or coordinate donor/alumni/volunteer events or meetings, as requested.
- Other fundraising-related duties and projects assigned, as needed
- Excellent communication, project, and management skills.
- Excellent analytical thinking and computer-based problem- solving skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a quick and adaptive learner who can develop and implement new processes.
- Ability to maintain regular check-ins with supervisors regarding workload, priorities, and any challenges or difficulties with assignments.
- Ability to take initiatives, use sound judgment, and ask questions as needed.
- Ability to operate independently and as part of a team-this position will work closely with staff across the department.
- This position will be expected to work on-campus. Requests for remote-work will be reviewed on an as needed basis.
- Occasional evening and weekend work assignments.
- Work is primarily indoors but requires the incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus
- Standard work hours are 8:30am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday.
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and scientific equipment
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Must have excellent writing skills
- user experience in Raiser's Edge or other CRM database preferred
- Efficiency in Microsoft applications, Excel, Outlook, Word, Publisher, etc.
- Light physical demand.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.