Undergraduate External Clinical Nurse Coordinator
Undergraduate External Clinical Nurse Coordinator
Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences (BRCHS)/ Keigwin School of Nursing (KSON)
This position is responsible for coordinating and managing the clinical schedule for pre-licensure BSN students. This includes recruiting, on-boarding, scheduling, and evaluating adjunct clinical faculty as well as clinical and community sites utilized by Jacksonville University Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences/Keigwin School of Nursing’s undergraduate program.
Essential Job Duties
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with existing adjunct clinical faculty.
- Serves as a continual resource to new and existing adjunct clinical faculty.
- Manages clinical placement planning and scheduling for adjunct clinical faculty. Collaborates with the Faculty Course Coordinators and the Director of Undergraduate Programs as part of this process.
- Utilizes myClinicalExchange platform to submit and manage clinical placement requests. Works collaboratively with hospital student coordinators to secure clinical site space.
- Assists the Director of Undergraduate Programs in identifying, interviewing, and hiring new adjunct clinical faculty.
- Maintains and updates Adjunct Clinical Faculty Blackboard orientation course. Collaborates with the Faculty Course Coordinators to properly onboard all new adjunct clinical faculty.
- Maintains and updates data files with adjunct clinical faculty contact information,
experience/background, and completed training requirements.
- Performs periodic, unannounced clinical site visits to check-in with adjunct clinical faculty, assist with addressing any issues or concerns while on-site, and gather data for evaluation process. Properly documents information gathered during visit and any related follow-ups/action items.
- Formally evaluates all adjunct clinical faculty based on findings from clinical site visits and reports findings/evaluation to the Faculty Course Coordinators and Director of Undergraduate Programs.
- Maintains electronic filing system for completed evaluations and performance improvement plans.
- Assists in the evaluation of and relationship maintenance for all clinical and community
being utilized by pre-licensure nursing students to complete clinical rotations/preceptorships.
- Assists is the sustainment of existing Dedicated Educational Units and development of new ones.
- Seeks out potential new clinical and community agency sites that would align with program needs and goals.
- Works in close collaboration with the Faculty Course Coordinators and Clinical Coordinator to facilitate optimal clinical experience for students.
- Works in collaboration with the Academic Coordinator to gather required documentation for new hire packet.
- Works in collaboration with the Clinical Coordinator to ensure adjunct clinical faculty complete all clinical compliance requirements prior to the start of the clinical term.
- Collects, analyzes, and reports data metrics to the Director of Undergraduate Programs.
- Creation and Maintenance of a database for all adjunct faculty evaluations and follow-ups.
- Serves as role model for clinical partners, faculty, staff, and students in the areas of customer service, collaboration, communication, excellence, attendance, and general professionalism.
- Is cross-trained as the Clinical Coordinator back-up specifically concerning myClinicalExchange.
- Plans and attends clinical nurse coordination forums, career fairs, student forums, and conferences as appropriate to prepare and assess clinical program effectiveness.
- Serves on the KSON evaluation committee
- Any other duties as may be assigned or required.
- Candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter who can be a team player and desires to share creative solutions and best practices.
- Ability to prioritize workload according to volume, urgency, etc.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in working with computers and MS Office applications, especially Excel and Word. Previous experience with online learning platforms preferred.
- Requirements include problem-solving, critical thinking skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Solid knowledge or experience working in healthcare field, directly with or for providers is preferred.
- Attention to detail and mental concentration are necessary for accurately performing
tasks; ability to
tolerating frequent interruptions.
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing required, Master of Science in Nursing preferred.
Minimum Work Experience
- Minimum of three years of licensed, inpatient nursing experience required.
- Current Florida RN license
- Managerial experience preferred.
- Primarily indoors except when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus
- Off-campus travel required
- Office hours vary; weekends are required
- Work is performed under minimum supervision and requires incumbent to exercise independence and discretion
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
- Ability to walk lengthy distances and easily navigate up/down stairs.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Interested applicants should submit letter of interest emphasizing experience and
potential, a curriculum
vitae, JU employment application, three letters of reference, via electronic email to Makensie Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.