- Office of Human Resources
- Announcements and Dates
- Employee Benefits
- Employment Opportunities
- Faculty & Staff Resources
- Forms & Documents
- Employee Health and Wellness
- Training and Development
- Employees Only
- Meet Your Staff
Social and Multimedia Manager
Social & Multimedia Manager
Marketing & Communications
The Social and Multimedia Manager provides University oversight of all social media communications editors and sets the University-wide social and multi-media strategy based on best practices and creating engaging, informative and strategic social media content that showcase the University's strongest assets and supports JU’s progress in the achievement of its mission and goals. This person is responsible for researching, testing and making recommendations on what new social/digital/multimedia platforms the University should adopt for various communication practices, which will require staying abreast of the fast-paced evolution of social/digital trends and user experiences.
The person in this position also manages the broad strategy and content goals, as well as oversees execution in scheduling and account launches, for University social media platforms by providing direction to work teams and team leaders; ensuring an integrated approach to sharing the University's messages with its audiences across social media channels. This person directs the strategy, writing, editing and management of informative, entertaining, and audience-appropriate content for the University's social media channels, as well as other university projects as assigned.
Essential Job Duties
- Establishes the overall University strategic direction on social media
- Works in collaboration with JU Enrollment Management & Communications team, as well as other JU content managers, to ensure social media strategies and content best supports University messages and goals
- Thinks strategically to tie social media communication to the University's plan, goals and mission in fun, informative, and engaging ways that do not alienate this social audience
- Monitors and acts on University news and goals, higher education issues and trends, and current affairs in order to keep university audiences informed and messages in alignment with University goals/initiatives and social best practices/standards
- Develops and executes university social media, overall communication/PR and media strategies related to high-profile events and University news to build the university's image and reputation, as well as campus pride and community
- Act as the voices behind social media updates and advertisements on social networks including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Snapchat, Youtube, and Instagram.
- Edits and approves social media content created.
- Develop relevant multimedia content and creates, shoots, and produces short, compelling videos for social platforms.
- Monitor mentions of Jacksonville University and associated terms on social media and respond as appropriate.
- Maintain University’s Online Response Protocols.
- Monitor progress and support strategic decision making using web analytic tools and generate reports as needed using data capture tools.
- Monitor social media activity trends for peer and aspirant institutions.
- Serves as social media lead on the JU Emergency Preparedness Team
- Develop and maintain a social media influencer program.
- Develop and maintain main University social media editorial calendar in conformance with and in furtherance of strategic messaging and branding goals and initiatives.
- Establish and lead a social media best practices team with key University stakeholders and social communicators.
- Embrace and develop a broad understanding of social media best practices and industry trends to continually evolve the university's social and overall digital strategies to keep JU forward-thinking and competitive with university peers and industry leaders
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience with social media dashboard and analytic software such as Hootsuite, Meltwater, Cision, Sprout Social, Radian6 (or similar) and Facebook (including Instagram, Youtube, Twitter and Google Analytics and ability to use information from these platforms to measure social media successes.
- Excellent written and verbal skills are a must. Adept knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- The ability to effectively use various social media platforms and adapt social “voice” to engage multiple audience segments, including current and prospective students, alumni, parents, and the general public.
- Video production and photography skills are a plus.
- The successful candidate will possess strong public relations, writing and interactive web skills and must be able to work independently to develop strategy and to cultivate content that supports the engagement priorities of the university. Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in interactive media, public relations, communications, marketing or related field or a combination of college and related experience is required.
- Work is primarily indoors, but requires the incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus or when covering outdoor events.
- Standard office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. but should expect to occasionally be called to work before 8:00 a.m. and after 5:00 p.m. and on weekends both on and off campus. Some occasional travel may be required. Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Incumbent will be exposed to frequent noise caused by telephones and office machines.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and reach
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone and to create, monitor and adjust multimedia tools for publication.
Minimum Education Requirements
- Bachelors degree required.
Minimum Work Experience and Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum of five years of experience in communications, advertising, marketing, or public relations environment required; demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of social media strategies as set forth above required.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
If interested in this position, please submit the following for consideration:
- Letter of Application
- JU Employment Application
- Name and contact information for 3 professional references
This information should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.